Adding a secondary to an existing transformer question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding a secondary to an existing transformer question

For some reason I have to build an extra secondary to a power transformer. This secondary supply a independent circuit diferent from the other. My question is : Does it matter in any way the sense of winding ? I mean there it count from any reason if this new winding is winded in the same direction or opposite from the rest please ? (I don't see any reason to count but want to be sure- the new secondary is an extra heater supply btw).Thanks.
    "If it measures good and sounds bad, it is bad. If it measures bad and sounds good, you are measuring the wrong things."

Originally posted by catalin gramada View Post
    ...Does it matter in any way the sense of winding ? I mean there it count from any reason if this new winding is winded in the same direction or opposite from the rest please ?
    The winding direction does not matter for your power transformer.

More thoughts:
    If it is a winding you plan to connect in series or parallel with another winding, then you need to be aware of the proper phasing. If that were the case, you will have only two ends so you have the ability to make either end the "start" or the "finish" after you have completed the winding. That makes the direction of winding irrelevant.

If the winding had multiple layers then the important thing is to make sure that you keep winding in the same direction as you add layers.

Comment

...and the additional load will add to transformer heating.
      - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Working...
      X