Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Indentifying Gibson Amp Please

Hello all

I came across a smokin' little Gibson amp today and have no idea what model it is. All of the writing was removed at some point in it's life. I looked inside but again to no avail. Any help identifying this little fireball is greatly appreciated.

Here's a description:

1 10" speaker in a top loaded tweed cab. Three inputs, Vol, Tone, Trem Intensity & Speed. Wooden footswitch for trem.
    Tube compliment: 2- 12AX7, 2 6v6 & unknown rectifier tube.

Any help and or info on this model is appreciated.

Thanks for reading,
    lonzo

Maybe this link will help you:

http://hem.passagen.se/ekabjan/GibsonAmps.htm

Cheers,
    Stephane.

Comment

Thanks!!

Thanks Stephane

I think I posted too soon...looks like the thread about the GA-18T might be what I should have looked at first....

Thanks for the info!

cheers,
      lonzo

Comment

Yeah,

looking at the site and for the 'tweed' models, the GA-18T and the GA-16T kinda fit your description.

Cheers,
        Stephane.

Comment

yep, sounds like my Explorer (GA-18T).

Comment

I have an Explorer GA18 (this is the model name silkscreened on the chassis), but it is a GA18-T actually because it has tremolo. To make things more complicated, its circuit fits exactly the schematic of GA16-T, while that of GA18-T is different (and with a different tube complement).
            I've learned that at Gibson they were not very consistent in model names, specs and schematic sheets...
            Carlo Pipitone

Comment

Working...
            X