Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know the brand of this amp ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know the brand of this amp ?

Ik get this old amp. Looks like an Marshall clone. Its with 4 EL34 tubes, and output is around 100 Watt. The amp have a lot of custom modifications. The condition is not fine, and it would be realistic to say: 'Use it as it works, and discard if it gone defect'. But this Amp has some special memories for me so I want it to keep it alive.
    I can't find anywhere an name on it. What brand is this amp ? If a get a name I can look for the schematics.
    I enough electronics experience to complete strip this amp and build up from the bottom.
    From The Netherlands

More pictures? Back panel shot? Straight front shot? Straight down shot? Bottom shot? Transformer codes? Pot codes? Serial number? Inspection signatures? Dates? AC mains? Is it maybe a Park? It may be a defunct botique or a one off garage project well done. Hard to tell from your psingle picture.

Comment

Ok more pictures. I thought the chassis was so strange, that that would give enough information. Not an serial number anywhere on the amp. Mains transformer: 110 .. 240 volt. Output transformer 4,8,16 Ohm, No 5746 (small sticker). The big blue caps (50uF 500V) are made in France and date 1976. All small caps are new MKP ones, also the resistors also new type metal film. Tubes not original (philips, national, telefunken)
      Back

Bottum

Front

opt

Sideview

Last edited by mug; 12-30-2009, 08:35 PM.

Comment

Impossible to get a schematic, it's very obviously (very well) home made.
        Can see some ¿original? PCB, some Veroboard, quite complicated schematic.
        If it works, use it; if it does not, strip it, get or make a Plexi eyelet or turret board and build that.
        You'll have to chassis mount those noval sockets though.
        Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Champ Electronics - Vintage Amp Repairs

I don't think it's one of those but some of the aspects remind me of his builds- little individual bias pots and boxed caps and such. Maybe you could send him some pics and ask if he's ever seen this one?

jamie

Comment

Seen how it's build and the previous post on this forum, I think indeed it's an 'home brew' amp.
            Did some measurements:
            The iron of the output transformer measured 5x11x14 cm. Thats a good size I think. Voltage on Anode EL34 is 630 volt. Potmeters are bad, and the caps from 1976 seems not reliable to me. Next year some extra test and than decide what to do with the amp.

Comment

Did some real sound tests : Hmm this amp is in this condition (very) bad. An 50 Watt VOX (AC50) blow away this amp easy. So I'am going to rebuild this amp. After rebuild, at least at volume this this amps should go louder dan the AC50 and hope I can get an good sound also.

Comment

Working...
              X