Ampeg Echo Twin ET-1 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ampeg Echo Twin ET-1 problem

Hello, I am new here. I hope you can help.
    I have a 62 Ampeg Echo Twin amp. When it is turned on everything is fine. You start to play and it sounds really nice but then after a few minutes the sound starts to slowly fade out till there is nothing coming out. Any ideas what the problem might be?
    I have little experience repairing amps, is this something I can fix?

Could be worn out tubes. Also, at that amps age it should have new electrolytic capacitors.
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

thanks, I forgot about the caps. Will give it a go then .

Comment

Not all the caps though. The electrolytic caps. Film caps should be tested for leakage but are probably fine. A lot of guys know that "caps wear out" so they open the amps and replace all the film caps, usually with no improvemnt to anything, and wonder why it didn't fix the problem. It's the electrolytic caps that need replacing.
        "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
        You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck H View Post
          Not all the caps though. The electrolytic caps. Film caps should be tested for leakage but are probably fine. A lot of guys know that "caps wear out" so they open the amps and replace all the film caps, usually with no improvemnt to anything, and wonder why it didn't fix the problem. It's the electrolytic caps that need replacing.
          I hope ET-1 schematic will be useful.
          Attached Files

Comment

I am sure it will be. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
            X