Need stock grill cloth for silverface champ and cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need stock grill cloth for silverface champ and cover

Any one know what the exact orig grill cloth is for a 74 silverface champ?

I am looking at this one:

Mojo Grillcloth » Fender Style Aged Black/White/Silver Grill Cloth 36'' W

It looks very much like the cloth already on it. I am also looking at the non-aged grill cloth at mojo also same color per mojo:

Mojo Grillcloth » Fender Style Black/White/Silver Grill Cloth 36'' W

However, this does not look like the same cloth in pics as the aged one, nor as much as what is on the amp, maybe because of the pics on mojo or because of the ageing of the amp cloth on amp I have?

Is the black/white/silver the stock cloth?

Any one who knows for sure please post and also if there is another site that is cheaper or maybe, if this is not the orig style/color cloth, where i can get it.

I would also like to order a cover from where ever I order the cloth from (to save on shipping). The mojo site:
    Mojo Covers » Blackface / Silverface / Vibro Champ Mojotone Cover

This cover says it is for SF vibro champ (is this the exact same measurements as a SF Champ?

It appears a little baggy in pics (I would like a tight fit). I have ordered vinyl type covers (which is what I want), for other amps I have from a couple different places. The other ones I ordered had the Fender logo, but no where can I find one with a logo (did Fender put the stop to this)? I would prefer the Fender logo to match the other amps/covers I already have if possible.

Any way, the other covers I have ordered are a nice tight fit, which I like. I do not need an expensive cover, this is just to keep the cat away lol.

Thanks for any input

The Fender Amp Guide lists the cloth as (1970-75) Blue Sparkle.

link: Amp Guide » Fender Champ (Silverface)

Discussion of blue stripe vs turquoise stripe
    Link:OffsetGuitars.com • View topic - where to buy online Fender SF grille cloth - the type with the blue thread?

Comment

Thanks Jazz

Any chance you have a direct link to the Blue Sparkle, I am still checking, and sands did not look to have any thing even close, and I already looked at mojo, will check out the other places.

It is hard for me as I am color blind to a few colors.

Thanks for that link, interesting, now if I could just find the right stuff.

Comment

Any chance this might be it, by the pic it does not look like it, but by the description it may be it?

Comment

They also have a cover to fit champ, although no logo and appears baggy fit

Comment

Sorry, forgot to add link to above post, and I thought I bookmarked it but did not..I am still looking but have not found the blue sparkle

BTW, that link Jazz, nice, but no one included a direct link to the actual grill cloth, only a few different online stores. Google search on Fender Blue Sparkle grill cloth has not brought me any love yet.

Comment

I have a piece sitting right here that's just big enough for a Champ. PM me if interested.
              Don't believe everything you think. Beware of Rottweiler. Search engines are free.

Comment

Working...
              X