Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8" alnico for '66 Fender Champ?

Hello again peoples.

Just found and bought an easy little fixer upper old Fender Champ on Ebay. I'm browsing around for alnico speakers to go in it and figured I'd drop by and ask for suggestions.

I've found that in my other Fenders ('66 Princeton Reverb, '62 Princeton, and '67 Vibrolux Reverb) I really really like the eminence 10" alnico (Legends I think). Often times they are blue frame and sometimes they are black, they are the same speakers or close. But I don't see that speaker in an 8" version so I'm looking for something that would be in that ballpark soundwise.

Any ideas?
    ~Semi-No0b Hobbyist~

Search for my post from the other day on Tone Tubby 8". I'm in no way affiliated with them. The alnico I got from them wasn't cheap, but was worth it. It sounds near as big as a ten to me, I have a 2x10 alnico 4-ohm cab for comparison. This was my first experience with TT speakers. Can't recommend it enough!
    Don't believe everything you think. Beware of Rottweiler. Search engines are free.

Comment

Originally posted by riz View Post
      Search for my post from the other day on Tone Tubby 8". I'm in no way affiliated with them. The alnico I got from them wasn't cheap, but was worth it. It sounds near as big as a ten to me, I have a 2x10 alnico 4-ohm cab for comparison. This was my first experience with TT speakers. Can't recommend it enough!
      I had actually been to their site and I must have missed the 8" alnico. All I saw was the ceramic.

I just might get one. thanks for the heads up.
      ~Semi-No0b Hobbyist~

Comment

Let us know what you think!
        Don't believe everything you think. Beware of Rottweiler. Search engines are free.

Comment

Working...
        X