Fender Stage Lead II Amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Stage Lead II Amp

Hey everyone, I have a Fender Stage Lead II Amp and am looking for some information on it. Approximate time it was made, wattage etc.
    It has ONE 12" fender speaker. Seems to be working but can't confirm the reverb is functioning. I currently have it torn apart, having to replace several pots, it was dropped on its face one to many times and the volume (main) and Mid controls are broken off, have them on order from digikey.
    Also the power switch (Toggle) is worn out, replacing that also.
    I have checked the fender site and cannot find a schematic for it or an owners manual etc.
    Before I took it apart, it sounded pretty nice even with the problems that it had, still I couldn't get the reverb to function.
    I took the reverb unit out of the bag and it looks to be in good shape wiring appeared normal. All the springs were connected and the reverb unit was floating on the springs as it should, still had the original tape around the unit and the cardboard bottom.
    Oh yes, and what do you think the amp would be worth in fair condition.
    I cleaned the case with simple green and a stiff brush, got about 15 years of dirt and smoke off it. Then treated the case with a vinyl protectant, looks almost as I think it should.
    Anyhoo, any information on the amp woud be appreciated.
    Jim
    MGySgt USMC (Ret)

Fender Stage Lead II Schematic

The amp was manufactured in the 1980's I believe.
    You may be able to get $150.00 US.
    As to the reverb not functioning:
    Use a DVM & check the two coils on the reverb pan.
    Test them at the jack & at the amp end.
    They should both read a few hundred ohms. (more or less)
    With the amp on, touching the Return cord at the reverb tank should make the speaker hum.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jazz P Bass; 05-07-2011, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Thanks so much Jazz P Bass, I have printed out the schematics and they will be very useful. I will check the transformers in the reverb unit and see what they return. Guess if they are shot its a new reverb unit. Would be awfully hard to locate the little buggers
      Thanks again
      Jim

Comment

Working...
      X