Flotatone/Flot-a-tone amps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flotatone/Flot-a-tone amps?

I took a brief look today at a Flotatone amp someone is going to bring to me for basic service, and I was wondering if much was known about them.

It's a very simple circuit: 2 x 6SC7, 2 x metal 6L6, rectifier tube, two instrument jacks and two old-style mic inputs, no effects of any kind, fairly substantial-looking round-magnet Alnico 12" made by Consolidated Speakers.

There was very little on the amp to give clues about the production date. It has three narrow-can electrolytics with no date codes.

A quick search suggests that no schematics are available, so I'll sketch one out when it's on the operating table.

Oooh! I'd be interested in a schematic. Some of those 50s amps are absolute SCREAMERS! I recently got a National (Valco) 1215 up and running, mid 50s I think, and it's a freakin' monster! Best tweedy blues amp I've heard yet. Some of those Flot-a-tones are supposed to be really hot s**t!

Comment

I have a couple of Flot a Tones, both need work. Neither one is quite like the only schematic I've found (Thank you for it, it's got clues). Anyone know of a stash of schematics for 500, 600 700s?

Comment

Working...
      X