Music Man 410 HD 130

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music Man 410 HD 130

I picked up a Music Man 410 HD 130 which is missing the circuit board and all but one pot Assuming the transformers and speakers are fine, should I try to hunt down a circuit board and rebuild this amp OR punch some holes for a couple preamp tubes and build myself a home brew project as originally intended It just feels wrong to butcher this thing.

OR

While tastes may change - ya never know - at present the MM amps, while very well built, aren't really considered that valuable. Primarily cuz they were made to be "clean and loud" and the trend seems to be toward amps small enough to get some distortion out of the ouput section - these MM amps were made to run about as close to Class B as any modern amp I've seen and even when you do drive them to distortion the "crossover garbage" is unbearable (how did I find out? Hearing protection and a tape recorder!).

So you've probably got a good test bed to build an amp that still may be louder than you want. But if you're into the orginal MM sound send me a PM - I've got an "almost stock" chassis I'd love to sell (I modified it to take 6DG6 and other horrible output tubes as a test bed and added individual bias controls and current sense resistors, etc.,- it worked well but I really just don't need another really loud amp and I've got too many laying around as is - the original 6CA7s will still plug right in).

Rob

Comment

Working...
    X