Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bedrock 600 50w bias?

Deal all,
    Is somebody know if the bedrock 600 has a fixed or cathode bias?
    Thanks (from Paris France - sorry).

Adjustable fixed.
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g-one View Post
      Adjustable fixed.
      Tanks a lot, i have to seek a goog tech to change tubes (that is not easy in Paris).
      I suppose tubes are the problem but i'm not really shure. The sound on clean chanel seems poor and haven't sustain (like a quick cut-off of sound after playing a single note) and a ' buzz on g string on the 12 case.
      Sorry for my poor english (sound isn't easy to describe with word).

Comment

Originally posted by Irina12 View Post
        I suppose tubes are the problem but i'm not really shure. The sound on clean chanel seems poor and haven't sustain (like a quick cut-off of sound after playing a single note) and a ' buzz on g string on the 12 case.
        If the problem only effects the clean channel, then the problem is in the preamp section. The preamp tubes do not need to have the bias set, only the output tubes.

Try switching the tubes from one preamp channel to the other and see if the problem stops or gets better.

Comment

It's true, when i switch preamp tubes i have the problem on the drive Chanel too. I Will change the 3 tubes 12x7, is somebody know where are V1, v2 and v3 tubes (right to left or left to right?).

Comment

It's true, when i switch preamp tubes i have the problem on the drive Chanel too. I Will change the 3 tubes 12x7, is somebody know where are V1, v2 and v3 tubes (right to left or left to right?).
            It is to ne shure that the v1 is the first one Nearest the Jack ?

Comment

Yes, V1 is probably closest to the input jack, V3 is probably closest to the power tubes. But what do those numbers mean to you? Do you have a schematic that shows what V1, V2, and V3 are doing? If so, please post the schematic.
              Originally posted by Enzo
              I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

I don't have the shematic and it is my main problem (bedrock is out of business since the end of the 90'), and i'm also a 'new be' with tubes amp. I'm a guitarist and i bought this amp few days ago, and the sound isn't exactly what i expected.
                V1 : enter, clean Chanel, v2 : gain, v3 boost (but without schem it's just an hypothesis, it may be that tubes share different functions).

Comment

I don't have the shematic and it is my main problem (bedrock is out of business since the end of the 90'), and i'm also a 'new be' with tubes amp. I'm a guitarist and i bought this amp few days ago, and the sound isn't exactly what i expected.
                  V1 : enter, clean Chanel, v2 : gain, v3 boost (but without schem it's just an hypothesis, it may be that tubes share different functions).
                  It's pretty easy to search on the NET

Bedrock Schematics
                  Bruce

Mission Amps
                  Denver, CO. 80022
                  www.missionamps.com
                  303-955-2412

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce / Mission Amps View Post
                    It's pretty easy to search on the NET

Bedrock Schematics
                    Great. The french version of Google isn't really performant. Perhaps another question, if a tube vibrates (el84) 2 dampers for hi-fi tube Will reduce those vibrations?

Comment

Working...
                    X