Help identify this amp. Model 7000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help identify this amp. Model 7000

Im thinking about picking it up locally but I'm not sure what it is exactly.

Seller states it has two el84 tubes and a couple of transformers.
    No other writing or identifiers.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	866909Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	866909

I was thinking univox or westbury or maybe even Gregory but it doesn't quite match.

Comment

Plug your guitar and play.
      If sound and price please you, go ahead; otherwise consider the trip so much tourism.
      Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
        Plug your guitar and play.
        If sound and price please you, go ahead; otherwise consider the trip so much tourism.
        Well the seller indicates its broken the sound will be one of silence.
        Although that is often a pleasing sound.

As was hoping someone on here might be able to identify it and relay what I can expect once I have restored it to working order.

Comment

Well, if he wants peanuts for it, and you like rebuilding from scratch, maybe it's worth it.
          Otherwise run away.
          It isn't as if it were a malfunctioning Fender Black/Silverface where schematics, layouts and parts are widely available.
          Obviously, for an orphan amplifier, with no schematic or any other data you won't find much help, here or anywhere else.
          Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
            Well, if he wants peanuts for it, and you like rebuilding from scratch, maybe it's worth it.
            Otherwise run away.
            It isn't as if it were a malfunctioning Fender Black/Silverface where schematics, layouts and parts are widely available.
            Obviously, for an orphan amplifier, with no schematic or any other data you won't find much help, here or anywhere else.

Yeah I'm on the fence.
            A lack of schematic wouldnt bother me really. Its got EL84 power tubes and an unknown number of 12AX7 preamp tubes. Cant be all that complicated.

IDK I guess I'm just aching for something to flip right now. The market in New England is filled with people selling overpriced Fender amps and bargain hunters like myself looking for something in need of work.

Comment

Working...
            X