Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earth Revival combo amp power transformer

Hi there!

Is anyone out there who could help me with the secondary voltages of the power transformer of a70s Earth Revival amp?

It has transistor preamps and a 2x 6L6 output stage.

Thanks!

Cheers,

Joe.

Originally posted by Joe Pop View Post
    Is anyone out there who could help me with the secondary voltages of the power transformer of a70s Earth Revival amp?

It has transistor preamps and a 2x 6L6 output stage.
    Welcome to the place.

Earth amps were often copies of other amps, and I believe that your amp is a copy of the Peavey Classic which had a solid state preamp and a 2-6L6 output stage. If you look at the Peavey schematic and compare it to your amp you will be able to see if the circuit does indeed match. If it does then the voltages that Peavey speced will also work for your amp.

If I remember correctly, the Peavey had 3 windings; high voltage for the tubes, low voltage for the bias supply and the preamp supply and the 6.3 vac filaments. Does this setup match your amp?

Comment

Look at a Peavey Classic schematic, I bet it is close.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Yes, you're both right! It's a peavey! Thanks a lot!
        I've got the chassis with the board, pots and all. No transformers. I just know it was a great sounding amp, so I want to see what I can do for it...

Comment

Working...
        X