Bassman 135 Value.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bassman 135 Value.

Hi Guys, I'm looking at selling my bassman 135w silverface amp. (1978 from memory) and am trying to find an approximate value.

It is functionally great, but has some wear and tear. The tolex has come away at a few corners, and had nicks in it here and there. I have reglued, and touched up with some paint in areas that had exposed wood. The front grille has also been removed and broken at some stage, but it has been repaired using aluminium strips which have worked well, and from the front it looks fine. I have seen repro fronts around on ebay, but unless you looked in the back you wouldn't know.

It was revalved and biased last some time in the late 90's (mesa 12ax7 preamp valve, Chinese EL34's, Original fender splitter). It has would have seen less than 100hrs use in the time since. (sadly)

It powers up, and still plays fine, I tested it recently and it still thumps. I have used it to drive a 4x12 sovtek quad for guitar. This thing has mass grunt, very ballsy, and heaps of headroom, but it is too loud, and too clean for my application. I've recently bought a Redbear MK60 and quad, and would like to sell the fender (head) to replace the money I used.

Any ideas what this might be worth? Particulary in Australian currency.

Thanks.
    [B][COLOR="#FF0000"]WARNING![/COLOR][/B] Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.

It's worth whatever someone will pay for it. I would guess you would get probably $5-600 in that condition to the right person.

Comment

Working...
    X