Experienced amp repair, ROYAL OAK MI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experienced amp repair, ROYAL OAK MI

Anyone know a reliable amp tech somewhere near Royal Oak? I sold a little Supro to guy up there a while back, it's acting up and I think it might be something as simple as a bad socket contact or maybe a carbon comp resistor getting wiggy. Maybe even a wiggy tube as they were all original, although I wailed away on it for quite some time and never had a single issue. All that's been done is a grounded conversion and the filter caps. It's a little single ended Super, easy as pie to work on but this guy doesn't know his way around the inside of a tube amp and I'd hate for him to take it to someone who just starts randomly replacing parts as it's a really clean example. Anyone want to raise their hand?

Nobody? Even maybe 1/2 hr or 45 min out?

Comment

Enzo is the closest one I know of anywhere near Detroit. If East Lansing is too far, then maybe Enzo knows of someone in the area.

Comment

I am sure there are plenty of good amp guys in the Detroit area. Outside of the area, no one has heard of Royal Oak. Those guys just many not visit this forum. Ask around locally. It there still a referral page at Ted Weber's web site?

I am kinda laid up at the moment and not looking for projects, especially out of towners. When guys come in from a distance, I like to try to keep it to one trip for them, but right now i am hurt and on medication that makes me dopey. I don't want to take something in if I can't make a prompt effort with a clear head.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Just saw this thread and am a bit late but if your friend is still looking for someone have him take it to Dean Zink. Dean lives in Keego Harbor which is 15-20 minutes from Royal Oak. Way closer than East Lansing and Dean does a great job, he has worked on a couple of my amps in the past. His phone number is 248.681.5104. Lots of other positive testimonials on the web about his work as well, check him out.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
            I am kinda laid up at the moment and not looking for projects, especially out of towners. When guys come in from a distance, I like to try to keep it to one trip for them, but right now i am hurt and on medication that makes me dopey. I don't want to take something in if I can't make a prompt effort with a clear head.
            Sorry to hear that. I hope you are back up and running at full speed soon.

Comment

Working...
            X