Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Info on a Waldom recone kit WF1008 and 221

Hey folks,

Does anyone here have info on a Waldom WF-1008 below this is 221 recone kit. I have an old 70s Creamback that is working well and it was reconed maybe back in the 70s at some place called MUSIC GOR. its got the Waldom WF1008 with the numbers below 221.

I'm thinking about putting it on EBay to sell and wanting to make sure I can give the correct info in the EBay auction so the folks bidding will know exactly what they are bidding on.

Thanks

SLO

I threw away my Waldom/Image book when they quit selling kits, but as I recall, there was never much in the way of specs printed anyway. Basically more of a cross reference book that told you what coils, spiders, cones, etc. fit what speakers and some data on physical properties of the parts (dimensions, etc.). I don't recall them ever printing much in the way of audio specifications. The reason being that they sold parts grouped as kits- not so much specific kits. In other words, they had a voice coil that fit a multitude of speakers, a cone that fit a multitude of speakers, and so on. Then, you looked up the number on your speaker and the book "chose" these separate parts that fit that particular speaker. Those parts were not necessarily designed specifically for that speaker. They just "fit".

I do recall that their kits were usually slightly more "tiny" sounding than the originals for most of the speakers that I reconed. You could put an original speaker next to the reconed speaker and easily tell the difference. I'm not faulting or hacking on the company. Their parts were inexpensive and worked, albeit not as good as a direct factory replacement. In most cases, you could recone a speaker for 1/2 the cost of a recone using a factory original kit. I usually gave my customers the option- price vs. sound quality.

As to your situation, I would think if you simply stated that the speakers have been reconed with Waldom kits in the auction, it would suffice.
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Working...
    X