Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrow "Black Bat" Switches For Old Marshalls

http://www.amparchives.com/Amp%20Arc...lack%20Bat.jpg

I'm looking for one of these for an early 70s hand-wired 100W JMP.

I know they're long out of production. Anyone know of a source? Or a modern equivalent that comes close, visually?

Sometimes when you need one, a different one looks out of place. So we replace both switches with something that looks reasonable. That way they look like they belong there, and with no odd one attracting attention, you get away with it.

Just a thought.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
      Sometimes when you need one, a different one looks out of place. So we replace both switches with something that looks reasonable. That way they look like they belong there, and with no odd one attracting attention, you get away with it.

Just a thought.
      That's certainly Plan B. But you know how people can be about originality on old amps. This guy wants all the tubes and caps I've replaced back "in case he ever sells it". He may just suspect me of being a tube harvester of course....

Comment

You maybe able to fix the switch if it's not too worn out. I've drilled out the rivets and cleaned up the contacts and used 4-40 screws to hold it back together. Use dielectric grease inside to keep the arching down, which leads to the failure.
        Now Trending: China has found a way to turn stupidity into money!

Comment

Working...
        X