Check out my Voice of Music 162!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check out my Voice of Music 162!!

I turned this cool old hifi amp into a small guitar amp.

John H., I know you have one of these, check it out.

It turned out alright. I did a page on my website about it here.

Here are a couple of clips:

Strat Chord stuff
    Strat Lead stuff

Stop by my web page!

that thing sounds great! what kind of speakers are you using with it?

Comment

Originally posted by Andy
      that thing sounds great! what kind of speakers are you using with it?
      Ha Ha, Thanks Andy! The original speaker was a "Carboneau", a brand I never heard of. I had an 8 inch Eminence guitar speaker from some project in the past and put that in. I had to saber saw a bit off the top and bottom to get it to fit. There is a pic on my web page of it.

Funny, the clip makes it sound bigger than it is. The amp is only a few watts, it's not loud at all.
      Stop by my web page!

Comment

Oh come out on stage with that thing. Who cares if you have to mic it? You will blow the mind of any musicians in the house.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

That little amp sounds sweet! I was really suprised that you had one too. There can't be too many of these out there. It's a great practice amp. I use mine almost daily. Thanks for the webpage. I never thought of trimming a 8" speaker to fit. I want to try your other mods as well. It would be cool to get a bit more gain. Nice job.

Comment

Thanks, guys. Like I said, it was a cool cheap project. I have another VOM hifi amp I'm going to turn my attention to now.
            Stop by my web page!

Comment

Ain't that cute !!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X