1964 Fender Concert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pdavis68 View Post
    I think I'm going to have to be calling him a couple times a week to make sure I get that tax refund money and he doesn't decide on a whim to buy a pound of weed instead. Know what I mean?
    Heck he can grow that... I'd more expect the $$$ have gone up somebody's nose instead.
    This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

I think the detective was trying to gauge whether I realized it was stolen or not when I bought it. I had written up a letter for the owner describing the things I had done to it and what needed to be done and the detective was like, "oh, so you know the real value of something like this." And I said, "well, yeah." He said, "Didn't $600 seem low?" I said, "Well, definitely, but it didn't seem outrageously low." I went on to talk about the fact that had been painted over, it was heavily damaged, that the OT wasn't original. So I told him that while I had never seen one for sale that cheap, I had also never seen one for sale in as rough shape as it's in.

Anyway, he was cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Pdavis68 View Post
        "Didn't $600 seem low?"
        Hah, I bought one for $250. But that was in 1977, nobody knew 'what's a Concert ???', and came with no speakers. I made a 2x12 baffle for it, put in fresh filter caps because the fuse kept blowing, sold it to a friend of mine who still has it (!) and uses it often for jam sessions. Never leaves the house.
        This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

It sounded like angels singing, man. It was really just amazing. And just dead quiet and full volume. You wouldn't know it was on.

Comment

Working...
          X