Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Ampeg ever make a small amp with 10" speaker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Ampeg ever make a small amp with 10" speaker?

Did Ampeg ever make a small tube amp with 10 inch speaker? I am referring to vintage 60's/70's amps not more recent models. I am trying to figure out the model amp of this cabinet. Thanks.

Attached Files

Click image for larger version

Name:	ampeg small amp.JPG
Views:	163
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	919741

Comment

I'm thinking that cab was one of their GT-10 transistor amps, mid 70's. With no amp in it, looks like a good candidate for a tweed Deluxe chassis or something similar..

Ampeg generally made very sturdy cabs in this time frame, always a plus. Steel corner protectors even, no cheapo junk here.

Reverb.com has a photo:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Ampeg GT-10.png Views:	0 Size:	345.7 KB ID:	919745
      Last edited by Leo_Gnardo; 12-04-2020, 10:57 PM.
      This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Thanks! Yes I assumed it was from a solid state amp (boo hiss). I measure the opening at the top where the control panel would go (15" x 3") and unfortunately a Fender Deluxe is a bit too small. (#%$@#%@#$!!!)

I cleaned the cab up last night and yes it is very study especially at that small of a size.

Comment

A 16 x 8 x 2" Hammond chassis might fit in there nicely if you wanted to build something from scratch. Looks like a nice cabinet.

Comment

I have stashed somewhere a 10-12W Ampeg SS amp with a 10" speaker, it might be the same.
            Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

from the photo i cannot tell the size of that enclosure but my Jet 12 looks just like that (though it carries a 12" SPKr)

Comment

Working...
              X