No announcement yet.

Psionic Audio Vids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indeed, Psionic Lyle has upped his video presentation with real cameras and mic, also some editing, rather than dropping his smarty phone all the time and apologizing for it. I'm much more impressed now than I was a few months ago. Although I haven't learned much (we have similar experience apparently) I can recommend his videos for those who aren't up to speed on amp repairs & maintenance. Nice vid on Matchless Chieftain the other day. He gives brand M a proper slagging while saying he's not, it's quite humorous.
    This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

For those interested, ever-charming Heather at Fazio Elec YT channel is back on the air after a prolonged absence. Today's subject is a vintage Hiwatt head, so there's double reason to have a look all you Hiwatt heads and girl-watchers. See you over there... well not really, I'll be keeping my eyes on Heather.

This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

I love all these youtube channels on repairs .
        Another cool one is Headfirst amplification. He shares a ton of mods and even his own amp circuits. Remember back in the day when mods were hard to come by and a "secret" ? Before the interwebs......

Comment

here is another Youtube repair ace: Mark!

He has an amazing equipment collection and like Mike he's "down under"

He also has an AMAZINGLY sunny disposition, its quite inspiring.

Comment

Originally posted by tedmich View Post

Uh.... You mean English?

Comment

I literally found his channel last night watching him repair a peavey power amp. Definitely a pro!! I thought he was an Aussie too, lol. Apparently he is in the UK.
              When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Robinson View Post

Uh.... You mean English?
                oops, I got my tea bags mixed, yes sunny man lives in cloudy England!

Comment

...He also has an AMAZINGLY sunny disposition, its quite inspiring.
                  OMG! This makes my efforts to keep my test equipment in good working condition seem a lot easier. I can't imagine keeping so much equipment running.

Comment

In Marks recent vid he services an old Kenwood integrated amp and as a regular part of service he removes every switch and pot and then sonicates and oven dries them before adding some Fader Lube and reinstalling them. I question this approach since IME there are good odds at least one of these irreplaceable parts will be damaged during this, so I'm definitely more conservative than Mark!. Of course he was aces and it fixed up great with only 2 new EL caps!

Comment

I found a guy painstakingly (almost ASMR) making turret board amps on the YT and I thought it odd he kept talking about magnetism, for the usual suspects of transformers but also, oddly for capacitors too. https://www.youtube.com/@elams1894/videos

Anyway he sells plans for his amps but zero sound examples (?) except one terrible buzzy break and his views on "science" seem a bit wacky as seen on his WEB site
                      https://www.elamscafeboutique.com/po...u-must-relearn

Comment

Working...
                      X