Music Man dating/ xfmr codes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music Man dating/ xfmr codes.

Hi chaps, anyone know how to date my amp? I have the following codes, on the xfmrs:

PT. I-65-E-606-635

OT. 3-65 EIA 606-637

Reverb xfmr. I-C-65130 EIA 606632

Grateful if so ( i believe the chassis number, is n/a for dating the amp ). SC

606 is the manufacturer code for Woodward Schumacher, and the rest of the code is supposedly YWW, so year ending is 6 and week 35, 37, and 32? What model is the Music Man? I think they were all pretty much 70's, weren't they? So maybe 1976?

Comment

Originally posted by glebert View Post
      606 is the manufacturer code for Woodward Schumacher, and the rest of the code is supposedly YWW, so year ending is 6 and week 35, 37, and 32? What model is the Music Man? I think they were all pretty much 70's, weren't they? So maybe 1976?
      Hi glebert, thanks for this info: its a 410, 65 model. Very good nick, & with the 7025 PI tube, so a later year amp before the switch to transistor PI (switch happened 'Late 70's' according to www info: from then they mfr'd into early 80's ). So 76 fits to me. Schumacher.. great! One reason these sound so good Im sure.

Could you remind me what YMM means? An amp thing, or a www term? Cheers, SC

Comment

YWW means one digit for the Year and two digits for the week 01-52
        WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
        REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

Ah I see you mean year, month, month.. for the 3 xfmrs. Understood. Yes I see the common aspect is '6' on all three now too.

If anyone could second gleberts opinion of 1976.. that would be great.

Thanks alot, SC

Comment

Looking at your other thread on the tremolo issue it looks like the date codes on those Mallory caps are consistent with 1976. I believe their codes are 235-YYWW (two digit year, two digit work week).

Comment

Looking at your other thread on the tremolo issue it looks like the date codes on those Mallory caps are consistent with 1976. I believe their codes are 235-YYWW (two digit year, two digit work week).
              Excellent that must be a dead cert then 1976. Much appreciated glebert. SC

Comment

Working...
              X