St. George Lancer Model 363

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St. George Lancer Model 363

I bought another amp today. It's a St George Lancer Model 363. My gut tells me this may be a good one. Here are some pics.

Attached Files

Massie Electronics model. Aparently Massie worked for Fender for a time. Google Massie Electronics and explore.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
      Massie Electronics model. Aparently Massie worked for Fender for a time. Google Massie Electronics and explore.

Yes I did my research before I got the amp. The controversy with the history added to my intrigue. Now I can see and hear for myself. The cab is all 1/2" plywood and well made. The back is sealed and the front is ported. The speaker baffle is 3/4" plywood and very well constructed. The baffle slides into the front of the cabinet and attaches with screws along the sides and bottom. That's the only way to access inside the cabinet. The chassis is not like a fender, but made of a thick sheet of metal. The layout and circuit design seems to follow the KISS concept. Here are pics of the inside.
      Attached Files

Comment

Looks very well made.
        Only surprise is them using relatively flimsy and easy to strip sheet metal screws straight to thin chassis metal (instead of metal screws/washers/nuts as Fender did or cage nuts as Marshall) to support that heavily loaded chassis. (lots of iron).
        Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
          Looks very well made.
          Only surprise is them using relatively flimsy and easy to strip sheet metal screws straight to thin chassis metal (instead of metal screws/washers/nuts as Fender did or cage nuts as Marshall) to support that heavily loaded chassis. (lots of iron).
          I see what you mean. Amazing it lasted this long!

Comment

Here is the schematic. Replacing the old can caps now. The amp is known as El Basso.
            Attached Files

Comment

I replaced the can caps. It doesn't get much easier than this.
              Attached Files

Comment

Putting it back together.
                Attached Files

Comment

All back together. It definitely earns its' name of El Basso. It's very full sounding. Tried it with bass and guitar and it sounds good!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X