Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sony SQA-100

Hi there,

I've got my hands on a Sony SQA-100 Decoder/Amplifier and as someone who is new to audio equipment I'm looking for advice on how exactly to use it and what it's actually supposed to do.

Can someone tell me how much use is this piece of equipment is to me if I wish to use it as a stand-alone amplifier for my current speakers?

I'm also wondering if I could be causing damage to equipment due to the way I have them connected (please read on).

My current setup consists of an AT-LP120 turntable, a pair of Q Acoustics 3020i speakers and a Fosi AudioTB10A amplifier (which I'd like to replace with the SQA-100).

I actually put the SQA-100 and both speakers in parallel and it's working. However the sound quality is...sketchy.
    The speaker cable going into the 2 RCA output ports on the back of the SQA-100 is bare (I used banana plugs in the last setup as they were facilitated by the Fosi amp).

Could this bare wire connection be the cause of the dodgy sound?
    Would a solution to this problem be to simply buy RCA plugs for the amp end of the speaker wire?

I'd really appreciate any help at all on this

Many thanks

I doubt your speaker connections are the problem. I'm also not sure, given your setup, why you'd want to use the Sony. It's better used as a Quad decoder and only has 2W per channel output. Unless you actually have an old SQ coded source, it's just a very low powered 4 channel amp.
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Working...
    X