Paris amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paris amp

I have 2 small and rare Paris amps here . Luckily the scems are inside. Im not familiar with these and the tubes they use . Can you guys walk me thru this?

Both amps have ac coming into the 1st tube socket 120v...with no tubes in im seeing 167vac at the first socket. Both amps have been worked on before, new caps , and Im seeing some newer wires...I dont know the history on this !

Neither amp will light up the filaments in ANY of the tubes . possible TWO dead rectifier tubes ?

Can you tell me roughly , which pins and what voltage i should be seeing at all 3 sockets without tubes in ??

Click image for larger version  Name:	20231024_211507.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.51 MB ID:	988233 Click image for larger version  Name:	20231024_211517.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.74 MB ID:	988234

All tube filaments are wired in series and supplied from the mains input.
    So all tubes have to be in.
    If one of the filaments is open, none of the tubes will get heater voltage.

This is a widowmaker circuit and should only be tested and used with an isolation transformer.
    - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

ok--ill check again

Comment

It has a power transformer. It's only the filaments that are live. You could and should use a grounded AC plug.
        Here is a straightened-out schematic.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Paris amp.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	675.3 KB
ID:	988262

Comment

Don't forget to add a mains fuse.
          - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Not trying to "one up" you dmeek. Just my own OCD kicking in.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Paris amp.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	307.4 KB
ID:	988276
            "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Nice job on the pics boys !

yes they have a fuse and 3 prong ac

Comment

If you have no filaments lighting, I would first check for open filaments on all tubes. There are only 3 tubes so it won't take long. The pin numbers are even labeled on the schematic for you.
                "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

All good....one of the V1 tubes was dead....both amps are working....cheers

Comment

Working...
                  X