Fender Deluxe Reverb logo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Deluxe Reverb logo

I'm putting a Deluxe Reverb, blackface from May 1965 into playing shape for a friend.
    Currently it has the logo in the wrong place, of which the paint was blasted off.
    I bought a new logo, however the mounting triangle doesn't seem to be in place (on either side).
    I understand that some early 1965 (May?) Deluxe Reverb amps were sold with no logo.
    My current thoughts are to remove this wrongly placed logo, and leave it at that. Give him the new logo to keep with the amp.
    Thanks for your thoughts.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	179
Size:	2.15 MB
ID:	988246
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	116
Size:	1.53 MB
ID:	988247

It does appear that Fender did not use the logo on some amps.

Comment

Give your friend some options. After all, it's his amp. He could leave things as they are in the photo, with the Fender logo on the right, or you could mount a new Fender logo on the upper left in the tradition place, or you could leave the grille with no logo, as some have suggested. You might take pics of these three scenarios and let you friend decide, as he's the one who will have to live with the amp. If it were me, as the repairing friend, I'd take a neutral stance. Loan him some of your coffeetable books of all things Fender and he can then get more fully immersed into the cult of Leo and possibly make a more, better informed decision.

Bob M.

Comment

Should be obvious enough, but...

Moving or omitting the logo WILL leave ugly, unused holes behind unless the grill cloth is replaced.
        "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
        You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

I would try removing it to check how long it has been on and if it has left a silhouette underneath (the grill cloth looks very aged). If there is not one, it would be possible to insert a thin cardboard of the same color under the holes through the speaker gap and rearrange the threads in the best way. You need a little luck, of course

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

Yes, I will give my friend the option.
            I removed the logo. It would be easy enough to put it back. It looks fine to me. Technically you can see the holes up close, but don't notice further away.
            I bought the new logo before being fully conscious that this amp probably was not sold with a logo.
            Depending on his choice, he could leave it without, add the new or sandblasted logo back to where it was, or in the normal spot.
            If he doesn't want the new logo, I'll sell it.

Sometime in the past someone changed out many of the screws. Often the screws don't match. Screwy. I've replaced some with the proper ones.
            The amp sounds amazing. Only cosmetic, but wish those screws matched..

Comment

Hope you fixed those speaker wires.

Comment

Working...
              X