No announcement yet.

Here's a question for repairmen...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for your comments Chuck. In my experience with the late 90's - early 00's presumably USA made Accutronics, main reliability problem was transducer coils going open-circuit.

Weshel, imma have to look that up and add it to my library of toxic items. ​ Always something to learn at MEF.
    This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Unfortunately weshel material is made from unobtanium and won't pass muster. I'll repeat that I can't verify this tale as I read it years ago and I don't remember the source. But it has had me wondering... If it's true then it might explain why newer tanks seem more prone to microphonics. If Accutronics couldn't satisfy their customers with an alternative material for this part then as an American company they would pretty much have to bow out. Unable to provide a working product. Where the east Asian manufactured product could be ping ponged for accountability between the seller and the manufacturer until you bust a blood vessel. Or perhaps this mystery material IS available for parts imported through some trade technicality. That happens. Like pesticides banned for use in the US for health reasons are still just fine to use in South America on crops that are shipped here.
      Last edited by Chuck H; 11-05-2023, 02:10 AM.
      "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
      You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Originally posted by xtian View Post

"too much decay" -- do you mean the reverb time is too long? I agree. I buy "short" decay tanks when possible.
        Yeah the "tail" of the reverb lasts too long. And for me it's especially a problem with a 6G15 type reverb...which I personally use a lot. Run one of those into any amp with any kind of gain and the reverb tails become excessive. I think short decay tanks work best with modern amps.

Comment

Working...
        X