Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voltage Checks... Where?

1965 BlackFace Fender Pro-Reverb

I replaced all Pots, Caps, Switches, JJTubes, Reconed Speakers 2 years ago...

The thing works fine... Cept, it's to dang Loud for the House... So... I thought of building a smaller tube amp, but the little ones are way too much Money, and don't have Trem, or Reverb... I'm just a Ham n' Egger...

I bought a Vari-Watt FX power scaler... Gettin ready to install it and on the second page it says...

"Measure the Voltage at the preamp Filter Cap and record it here____"

"Measure the Voltage at the Plate of the first PreAmp Stages and record it here____ . You will need this Information to Set-Up the PreAmp Voltage after Installation".

I'm assuming these measurements are taken 'Off' the pins of One of the 12AX7's... If not where? What caps and Which Pins?

I'm using this diagram... http://taweber.powweb.com/store/6a40_layout.jpg

As luck would have it, I pulled the Amp out og the Cabinet, and drained the Caps, now I find out I have to power the rascal up to make the 'checks'...

Thanks...

The first voltage is point D from the cap box and the second is pin 1 or 6 on the tube farthest to the right on the diagram.
    WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
    REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

Originally posted by loudthud View Post
      The first voltage is point D from the cap box and the second is pin 1 or 6 on the tube farthest to the right on the diagram.
      Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X