Gibsonette -1952, chasis #14262

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gibsonette -1952, chasis #14262

I need help with the correct wiring of the voice coil and the field coil from the power and to the new speaker. This amp has the two power tubes in parallel. The original speaker was replaced with a newer Eminence brand made for Fender V 1030. A few of the wires are already connected which is explained below.

Voice coil is a Hammond 158m,10h,100ma; the white wire is connected to Pin #4 from both 6V6 tubes, and the Black wire is connected to Pin #8 from the rectifier.

The field coil is a Hoffman H-30WO (95ii), black, yellow, green, brown on one side. Other side has three wires: black, white, blk w/wht stripe, of which black is connected to Pin #3 from one 6V6, and white is connected to Pin #3 from 2nd 6V6. The black w/white stripe is not connected.

In the twisted bundle of wires coming from the chasis down to the coils, there is a a second wire from Pin #4 of the 6V6 tubes which is not connected.

Questions: Is everything correct so far? Where does the second P#4 wire go to to? Which wires go to the speaker (thinking Yellow and Black) and which one is the + connector to the speaker? Does the black w/white stripe from the Field coil attach to anything? If there are any other questions you might have, just ask.

Appreciate the help.

Originally posted by Analogue 1 View Post
    I need help with the correct wiring of the voice coil and the field coil from the power and to the new speaker. This amp has the two power tubes in parallel. The original speaker was replaced with a newer Eminence brand made for Fender V 1030. A few of the wires are already connected which is explained below.

Voice coil is a Hammond 158m,10h,100ma; the white wire is connected to Pin #4 from both 6V6 tubes, and the Black wire is connected to Pin #8 from the rectifier.

The field coil is a Hoffman H-30WO (95ii), black, yellow, green, brown on one side. Other side has three wires: black, white, blk w/wht stripe, of which black is connected to Pin #3 from one 6V6, and white is connected to Pin #3 from 2nd 6V6. The black w/white stripe is not connected.

In the twisted bundle of wires coming from the chasis down to the coils, there is a a second wire from Pin #4 of the 6V6 tubes which is not connected.

Questions: Is everything correct so far? Where does the second P#4 wire go to to? Which wires go to the speaker (thinking Yellow and Black) and which one is the + connector to the speaker? Does the black w/white stripe from the Field coil attach to anything? If there are any other questions you might have, just ask.

Appreciate the help.
    You lost me when you started calling the new choke a field coil.
    Are you simply trying to replace the EM speaker with standard PM speaker and use a choke in place of the old electromagnet coil?
    Bruce

Mission Amps
    Denver, CO. 80022
    www.missionamps.com
    303-955-2412

Comment

I knew I should have passed on this "just needs a little work" amp. I was just relaying the info I got from the seller when I bought the amp. It seemed odd to me that there would be two transformers hooked up to the newer speaker. When I listened to the amp at the sellers place it was not very loud with the volume turned all the way up. He did not know to much about the amp either and was unable to answer most of my questions.

Eventually I'd like to get the correct vintage speaker that was designed to be in this amp and for that I need to figure out how to connect the wires. In the meantime I'd like to use the amp with the new speaker, and I'm not sure how to connect the transformer, or choke. DO I even need the larger transformer connected to the newer speaker (it has a very large magnet).

The Hammond's white wire is connected to Pin #4 from both 6V6 tubes, and the Black wire is connected to Pin #8 from the rectifier. Hoffman's black wire is connected to Pin #3 from one 6V6, and white is connected to Pin #3 from 2nd 6V6, the black w/white stripe is not connected. On the output side of the Hoffman, I usde the yellow (8ohm) and the black to connect the speaker. In the twisted bundle of wires coming from the chasis down to the coils, there is a a second wire from Pin #4 of the 6V6 tubes which is not connected. Should this wire be connected to the black/white stripe on the Hoffman?

Thanks for taking a look and I appreciate your help.
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X