Teisco 71-R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teisco 71-R

Hi there, I've got a nice little late '60s Teisco practice amp called a 71-R, it's a 4 or 5W, 6" speaker all tube amp that I love except ever since I got it the reverb has never worked (hence the "R" of 71-_). It's an old amp and schematics don't exist for it so I'm kind of in the dark about what values should be running though the amp.

What I do know is that if I jiggle the amp I get reverb tank crashing but there doesn't seem to be any input making it into the reverb tank. I tried switching some tubes out to see if it was a tube problem but that didn't seem to be it.

What I'm wondering is how to go about troubleshooting for a reverb tank. Like how can I isolate if it's the tank's input or a driver problem, like the input transformer isn't putting out juice, how would I test the transformer?

I picked up a replacement tank and will try wiring the old input/output wires to RCA jacks and plugging it in tomorrow. But in case that doesn't work, and just because I'd like to know in more detail how things work down in that end of the amp, if someone could tell me the best way to pinpoint reverb tank problems, how to measure the respective values, etc. I'd be very grateful.

Teisco 71R guitar amp -- reverb problems

Contact Shane Manning at:

Tube-Sonic Audio Company
    Sacramento California
    Phone: (916)362-8823

E-Mail : mrtubehead@sbcglobal.net

He just fixed my Teisco 71R guitar amp and it works great.
    Last edited by dwlum; 05-01-2010, 07:03 AM.

Comment

Thanks dwlum,

I contacted Shane and he's guiding me through a fix. He said you had a copy of what was believed to the best possible schematic for the amp and I wondered if you could send it to me? Either through PM or just post it on this thread.

SO, it looks like the fix is the same as your amp, a dead input transformer to the reverb tank. Once I get the part I'll let you know!

Much thanks,

ken

Comment

Teisco 71R schematic by Tube Sonic

Shane is a good man. Very knowledgeable. To figure out the problem with my 71R, he studied my amp and drew the schematic. I am attaching it here.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dwlum View Post
          Teisco 71R schematic by Tube Sonic

Shane is a good man. Very knowledgeable. To figure out the problem with my 71R, he studied my amp and drew the schematic. I am attaching it here.
          Hello. Could you, please, repost the schematic file? I need to repair a copy of 71R amp

Comment

Working...
          X