Need Wards amp schematic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Wards amp schematic

I have an old Wards guitar amp I bought used in 1968 or 1969. I loaned it to someone about 10 years ago, and got it back, but tried to use it the other day, and it has no power output. I took it apart, and the first input had an open wire which I resoldered but no availl. I have been looking everywhere for a schematic( too bad I don't have an Airline). The Model # is 62 GVC 9035. Does anyone know where I can get a schematic? Thanks Bill Moore.

Originally posted by Bill Moore View Post
    I have an old Wards guitar amp I bought used in 1968 or 1969. I loaned it to someone about 10 years ago, and got it back, but tried to use it the other day, and it has no power output. I took it apart, and the first input had an open wire which I resoldered but no availl. I have been looking everywhere for a schematic( too bad I don't have an Airline). The Model # is 62 GVC 9035. Does anyone know where I can get a schematic? Thanks Bill Moore.
    Are you Bill Moore from NJ? I knew a Bill Moore back there in the late 60's early 70's.

The Tube Amp Book by Aspen Pittman has a bunch of Wards Schematics in it.

Winnie

Comment

Look on Schematic Heaven. Under Airline/Wards they have a ton, including the 62-9025 and GVC9045. Those two or one of the others might be close enough to help. Most of the cheap amps had a family resemblance under the skin. They tended not to make up completely new designs for each. We hope that is the case here.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I have never been to New Jersey!

Originally posted by Winnie Thomas View Post
        Are you Bill Moore from NJ? I knew a Bill Moore back there in the late 60's early 70's.

The Tube Amp Book by Aspen Pittman has a bunch of Wards Schematics in it.

Winnie
        Thanks for the help, I will look into to book you mentioned. I did live in Maryland for a few years in the 50's, but most of my life I've been here in New Mexico.

Comment

I did find that site

Thanks for the information, I did find a few schematics that either resembled my old amp in the preamp, or power amp side. Hopefully one or the other will be similar.

Comment

Working...
          X