Reattaching aluminum sides on Peavey speaker cabinet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reattaching aluminum sides on Peavey speaker cabinet

I have regrilled more than a few speaker cabinets. This is my first try on a (1979) Peavey. I need to reattach those wide aluminum strips back on the sides of the MDF baffle board. My hand staple gun isn't going to drive any sort of staple through that thickness of aluminum. Is there a work around that doesn't involve buying a power stapler and a compressor?

If you have staples of the same dimensions as those removed, place them in each set of holes and tap them down with a hammer. Otherwise, get a box of brads and drive them through the holes in the metal and into the wood.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Yeah I ran into this same problem when putting new grill cloth on an old 1976 Peavey Classic combo. I came to the same conclusion that even a power stapler was not going to help much. Luckily I had just tossed out the old staples that were in there and quickly grabbed them out the trash. Hammering them back in place was a good solution for me and next time I will save those staples in the first place. Enzo of course is right on the money if you threw the old staples away.
      When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

Working...
      X