Kustom Hustler...easy fix maybe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kustom Hustler...easy fix maybe?

Im sorry if solid state amps are a no-no here but i would really love to fix my babie. I did something stupid off of a friends advice, i wanted a second output so my friend attempted to solder a piggy back output off of the main speaker 1/4" out. Now the amp doesn't work (emit sound) although oddly enough it sounds like the reverb springs for some reason can be heard through the speakers still. I de-soldered his "work" and still nothing. He says he "may have" tried the soldering while power was on. Now, im down an amp! Its a 69 (i believe) Kustom Hustler. I have some electronics experience and a multimeter and the general electronic tools. Help!

Norm in Cinty

Elvis,

I'm not familiar with your amp but just wanted to note that the original Kustoms were made in Cincinnati and there are a few of the factory engineers still scattered around town. One is "Norm" (can't remember his last name) and his business was "Secret Service Repair" but the name may have changed. Anyhoo you could probably call up any repair shop in Cinty and track Norm down as he is well known.

Rob

Comment

Never hurts to have resources. These amps are not complicated and should be simple enough to service.

We don't mind talking solid state, but could we pick just one place to discuss the amp? We don't need four threads about the same amp.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
      X