X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just curious, who did?
    Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Bluemeister, if you no longer want people writing you directly for things, go in your forum profile and turn off the email and PM features. I have to do that time to time myself.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

The main problem here is that Bluesmeister posted his email address in post #18. This is something you don't ever want to do on a public forum.
        Perhaps a moderator (or supermoderator) can removed that email address from #18.

The other problem is that the attachments were lost and the drawings are no longer showing up in post #21 & 23.
        So people looking for those drawings are going to contact Bluesmeister.
        As Enzo stated, you need to turn off the email notifications in your profile.
        Also, if anyone has those drawings, perhaps they can be zipped and reposted.
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Use the existing diagram and swap a single connection. It's not hard.

Originally posted by g1 View Post
          The main problem here is that Bluesmeister posted his email address in post #18. This is something you don't ever want to do on a public forum.
          Perhaps a moderator (or supermoderator) can removed that email address from #18.

The other problem is that the attachments were lost and the drawings are no longer showing up in post #21 & 23.
          So people looking for those drawings are going to contact Bluesmeister.
          As Enzo stated, you need to turn off the email notifications in your profile.
          Also, if anyone has those drawings, perhaps they can be zipped and reposted.
          Diagram long gone but....

In the diagram on the page above you just take the first switch's ( the leftmost switch) switching and reverse it. Disconnect leftmost pole, connect to bottom pole as the switch pivot and you're good. The switch then selects between the top two poles. The idea is to shunt the channel you do not want, to ground. Pin 6 is ground.

Comment

Thanks Steve, that should do the trick!
            Originally posted by Enzo
            I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmeister View Post
              Please do not contact me for diagrams anymore. I am no longer providing assistance with these footswitches.
              Do we still have to check out your "blues and melodic rock / metal" at the attachment provided for that

Or should we skip that too?

"Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
              You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

I got really amused reading this thread. I can tell you from experience that you have to be very careful with geniuses from IT Tech! Lol.

Comment

"I got really amused reading this thread. I can tell you from experience that you have to be very careful with geniuses from IT Tech! Lol."

No not a tech from ITT. "IT tech" as in information technology. (and you can tell I haven't been here for a while as I obviously forgot about the reply with quote function...). In any case, didn't mean to offend anyone here and those red do not email me notices were posted or placed by a super administrator. it seems like recently there was a flood of Peavey Deuce VT's into the marketplace, and I was getting flooded with email requests for those diagrams which I provided to quite a number of people but the inevitable follow-up emails asking for more and more instructions and such, honestly just got a little tiresome. As someone else noted I kind of screwed up by putting my email address in a post even though I know that's a big no no., so at the request of that Super Moderator I'm going to be providing a bunch of stuff to him that I have compiled such as diagrams, chassis pictures, user manuals, pictures of circuit boards with component placements hand drawings by others and just about anything I can send him that can be useful to forum members. I hadn't logged on here in quite a long time and I couldn't remember where I had posted all the stuff and the people requesting it didn't say where they got my information. So again, no offense to anyone and hopefully having these diagrams and such here on the forums will be better for everyone. Up until about three months ago I had four Deuce VT's. I gave two away to family, traded one in for a brand new Peavey JF-1 hollow body guitar and Peavey padded hard case (that I gave to smooth jazz guitarist Paul Brown when he played here in Albuquerque a few months ago), and sold the fourth. I now have a Bugera Infinium 333 - 212. Someone else posted above about my music and whether they haveto check it out or something to that effect (good natured ribbing) and my answer is as an apology for coming off as complaining, here's a download link to my one melodic rock / metal CD and four blues instrumentals in MP3 format for as long as the link is good (as of this writing about 5 days or so). http://we.tl/E2PXXQXK55 Also a shout out to Enzo 'resident expert' (and I mean that sincerely), for still being here helping everyone. Enzo's the man!
                  Last edited by bluesmeister; 10-05-2015, 08:25 AM. Reason: added info

Comment

"Do we still have to check out your "blues and melodic rock / metal" at the attachment provided for that
                    Or should we skip that too?"

No but you can download my one melodic rock CD and four blues guitar instrumentals while the link is good ( about five more days as of this writing) here: http://we.tl/E2PXXQXK55 . A super administrator put those red notices up. Ho offense to anyone. I'll be sending him a bunch of diagrams, drawings, schematics, PDF user manuals, chassis part location diagrams and more so that they're available here on the forum. Hope we're all cool here. Glad to see resident expert Enzo is still here! Cheers!

Comment

Hey Enzo! Nice to see the 'resident expert' (and I mean that sincerely) is still here helping everyone. I'll be sending a bunch of stuff to a super administrator (the one that put the big red notices up), so that all the stuff will be hosted here and available to forum members. Already sent him a bunch of stuff. If anyone needs an Automix pedal for their Deauce or Mace VT. here's one on Ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/PEAVEY-MACE-...item28098741c1
                      If I still had a Deuce VT and needed a FS, I'd be all over that! Got rid of the four I had and got a Bugera Infinium 333 212. Also, here's a link to my one melodic rock / metal CD and four blues instrumentals in MP3 format. http://we.tl/E2PXXQXK55 just to say hey!
                      Keep up the good work man!

Cheers! P.S I sent the Super Moderator these links to very reasonaably priced (Peavey Brand) Chorus 7- pin plug pedals with LEDs that anyone with a Deuce / Mace VT can use by simply changing their 6 pin DIN jack to a 7 pin and just be mindful to wire the solder side counter clockwise or reverse of the plug. I found in helping people that this is where they would get confused. They couldn't grasp the part of the solder side being opposite of the face side as pertains to matching the wiring from FS plug to amp jack if they were rewiring the amp jack, and same if they were wiring the plug (making their own FS). They'd get lost in not keeping in mind the solder side is essentially the reverse of the pin side,for lack of a better way of explaining it...

The way I found was easiest to explain was to tell them to face their left hand fingertips at their face in a circular shape and counting clockwise, their thumb is pin 1, index finger pin 2, middle finger pin 3 and so on, then face their hand away in the same circle for the solder side, and now physically their pinky is where their thumb was clockwise. For wiring purposes this is paramount to be mindful of and I found that's where most got frustrated when their switches didn't work. This was usually the issue in that they were keeping the solder side and face side (of either the jack or plug) both clockwise in their numbering / wiring, instead of reversing the order when soldering the wires. Hope that made sense anyway.

I thought you'd be a good source for providing these to members since you're still active and the 'go to' guy. Hope it's not an imposition, but I'm not active on forums much at all these days. Thanks!
                      http://tinyurl.com/jvpd248
                      http://tinyurl.com/qeg3p3f
                      Last edited by bluesmeister; 10-05-2015, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Cool

FWIW I clicked both old links.

Yes, on my own, I got curious

The second one leads to a page which only shows a CD cover but "no videos" , "no photos" , no nothing.
                        The first one, after some digging, shows a homemade video of a good sounding band , 80's style (that's what it looked like to me) .

Will check this last one.

Take care
                        Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Here's a download link to my melodic rock CD and four blues guitar instrumentals. http://we.tl/E2PXXQXK55. It's weird, but just started getting flooded with requests for the diagrams, like these amps just flooded the market, but then I've posted in other forums as well nd made my email public (big no no)....Hope you like the tunes, and as you know by now I'm sure, Enzo's the man on this forum! Btw the link expores in a few days.

Comment

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
                            Cool

FWIW I clicked both old links.

Yes, on my own, I got curious

The second one leads to a page which only shows a CD cover but "no videos" , "no photos" , no nothing.
                            The first one, after some digging, shows a homemade video of a good sounding band , 80's style (that's what it looked like to me) .

Will check this last one.

Take care
                            Here's a download link to my melodic rock CD and four blues guitar instrumentals. http://we.tl/E2PXXQXK55. It's weird, but just started getting flooded with requests for the diagrams, like these amps just flooded the market, but then I've posted in other forums as well and made my email public (big no no)....Hope you like the tunes, and as you know by now I'm sure, Enzo's the man on this forum! Btw the link expores in a few days.

Comment

Fine
                              Downloading now.
                              And I bet Enzo got the message by now
                              Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

I am thick as a brick, Juan...

But I certainly understand the ongoing deluge of personal requests for answers and documents. I naively once posted my email on DIY and am still getting requests over ten years later.
                                Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
                                X