Need Source for Behringer Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Source for Behringer Parts

I need to purchase an IC to repair a DPA400 power amp out of a Behringer PMX3000 board/amp. The schematic identifies the IC as IC4, and the chip is labeled HCA8001 - appears to be an Intersil chip, but not readily available based upon my searches thus far - see this link for a "kind of" datasheet

Datasheet Archive - hca8001 datasheet - hca8001 application note - hca8001 pdf

This unit was a trade at the store, and given the low resale value of this amp, we cannot afford to put a ton of money into it. Anyone have a source for Behringer parts that's reasonable? I found a few sites on the web, but you must know the Behringer part number to order, and our store is not an authorized service center so Behringer refuses to give out part numbers when we call. Thanks for any direction you can provide, Rick Jordan

Try contacting John Frondelli - a member here - at dbm Pro Services in NYC. They stock more parts that Behringer out in Bothell does as far as I can tell. If anyone would have something as a Behringer part, it would be him. Behringer USA itself doesn't generally have electronics components like ICs.

Meanwhile I'd have to say that chip would be a very unusual failure for those amps. Generally it is only the output side that fails. The outputs are driven through optocouplers, so there is no direct connection between output stage and the earlier stages.

What is bad on yours?
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I've already check out John's website. He has a big bold header at the top of the parts page stating he no longer has the resources to research part numbers. All orders from his company must be made with a Berhinger part number, so that's the reason for my post. Berhinger wanted to know how I even had a schematic for the unit since I was not an authorized repair center....

Yep, the chip is bad - heat sensitive - will not reset and "unmute" (muting on this chip shuts down the switching circuits - no drive out of the chip to the two optoisolators IC2 and 6) once warm and power cycled - a long cool down, or a dribble of freeze spray on the top surface of the chip restores the unit to proper operation. Already went through the whole process of possibility of chip caps/resistors that were temp sensitive, potential solder connections that were strain sensitive with temperature, etc. It's the IC that's heat sensitive. It's rare, but not the first time I've come across the problem. Sad to say, it's usually the hard to impossible chips that fail. Seems to me there's a law about that somewhere LOL!

Anyway, back to the original question, any other suggestions where to purchase this IC????

Thanks for the reply,

Rick

Comment

Send me an email. I may be able to help you with a pull.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Behringer's part number for IC-HCA8001A1B is:

275-94800-10528

Comment

The reason we can no longer research part number requests is that we are simply overwhelmed in that area, and it would be really be another full-time job in addition to the parts guy I already have. While the parts business has been good to us, it doesn't warrant an additional salary.

We do NOT stock that IC, and basically because we have never had a single request for it. In addition, it is rare that anyone repairs a PMX3000.
            John R. Frondelli
            dBm Pro Audio Services, New York, NY

"Mediocre is the new 'Good' "

Comment

I been referring people to you, John, here and elsewhere. ANy sorts of requests you don;t want to get? people really don;t understand how much time you can burn looking up the number of a dollar part.

Neto from Portugal sent me this web site. One wonders why they can;t do that over here.

PMS electronics GmbH - Power Amp

Comment

Hi John, and thanks for your reply. My post regarding your website statement regarding parts orders was in no way meant as a criticism of your policy, nor disagreement with your reasons. I would imagine it would be highly unprofitable to supply ones and twos of the tens of thousands of components contained within the product lineup (current and out of production) of Behringer (and do all of the lookup and research for them before the order is even (if ever) placed).

Thanks for the update!

Rick Jordan

Comment

Enzo, we will take any and all requests. Whether we can satisfy them or not is on a case-by-case basis.

We have been dealing with Behringer and selling their parts for many years, but the line is now so expansive that it has grown more complex. In addition, they have changed their part number scheme three times over. We are still on the last system with the part numbers on our website, but have an internal X-ref database. I am going to revamp it all, with the inclusion of a shopping cart script, but as to when is now unclear.

Rick, no malice interpreted here. We'd love to help everyone, but there's a lot of mouths to feed out there!
                  John R. Frondelli
                  dBm Pro Audio Services, New York, NY

"Mediocre is the new 'Good' "

Comment

Originally posted by jrfrond View Post
                    The reason we can no longer research part number requests is that we are simply overwhelmed in that area, and it would be really be another full-time job in addition to the parts guy I already have. While the parts business has been good to us, it doesn't warrant an additional salary.

We do NOT stock that IC, and basically because we have never had a single request for it. In addition, it is rare that anyone repairs a PMX3000.
                    John, I feel your pain. We started selling Behringer parts, in earnest, about 2 years ago. There are 2 of us here, at Full Compass, that do all of the customer service, parts ordering, receiving, inventory control and everything else that relates to service parts support.

While Behringer is only 1 of the 400+ manufacturers we work with, Behringer parts sales, by far, exceed all other manufacturers. Luckily, we've been able to work with Behringer to develop more efficient ways to conduct our business. Otherwise, there would be no way we could keep up with the continuing growth in our parts sales.

We have over 100 Behringer parts available on our web site.....
                    Replacement/Service Parts Accessories & Parts & Hardware from Full Compass
                    .....and adding more. We have gathered enough research material to handle most Behringer parts inquiries, but there are still times when we have to refer customers directly to Behringer.

I've been managing Full Compass' parts support for 11 years and have contacted Nick (extremely helpful) on many occasions regarding Behringer parts in the past. I now know first hand what it's like to be fully immersed in the Behringer parts business. Challenging, but ultimately rewarding.

Suffice it to say, we are here to help all those souls who are seeking to keep their Behringer mixers, amps, speakers and you name its' up and running.

Comment

Originally posted by razc strap View Post
                      John, I feel your pain. We started selling Behringer parts, in earnest, about 2 years ago. There are 2 of us here, at Full Compass, that do all of the customer service, parts ordering, receiving, inventory control and everything else that relates to service parts support.

While Behringer is only 1 of the 400+ manufacturers we work with, Behringer parts sales, by far, exceed all other manufacturers. Luckily, we've been able to work with Behringer to develop more efficient ways to conduct our business. Otherwise, there would be no way we could keep up with the continuing growth in our parts sales.

We have over 100 Behringer parts available on our web site.....
                      Replacement/Service Parts Accessories & Parts & Hardware from Full Compass
                      .....and adding more. We have gathered enough research material to handle most Behringer parts inquiries, but there are still times when we have to refer customers directly to Behringer.

I've been managing Full Compass' parts support for 11 years and have contacted Nick (extremely helpful) on many occasions regarding Behringer parts in the past. I now know first hand what it's like to be fully immersed in the Behringer parts business. Challenging, but ultimately rewarding.

Suffice it to say, we are here to help all those souls who are seeking to keep their Behringer mixers, amps, speakers and you name its' up and running.
                      Thanks for sharing this information.

Enzo kindly donated a parts amp board to me, and I was able to use the chip off of his board to repair the mixer/amp.

I thanked him personally, but really should have also done so publicly on this forum as well. Thanks Enzo!

Regards,

Rick Jordan
                      Precision Audio
                      Laurel, DE

Comment

Hi Razc, welcome to the board.

I see you list some boards, like power amp boards. COnsidering how far those PMH2000 PAs burn when they blow up, that is not unattractive.

I am also a Behr service center, but have no plans to get into the parts game. The few times I have tried to special order something for a customer, I never got the parts. And out at Bothell they never make boards available. Are you stocking those or ordering case by case? And if so from Washington or direct from Behringer?

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
                          Hi Razc, welcome to the board.

I see you list some boards, like power amp boards. COnsidering how far those PMH2000 PAs burn when they blow up, that is not unattractive.

I am also a Behr service center, but have no plans to get into the parts game. The few times I have tried to special order something for a customer, I never got the parts. And out at Bothell they never make boards available. Are you stocking those or ordering case by case? And if so from Washington or direct from Behringer?
                          Enzo,
                          Thanks. Forums like this can only help. We stock only what is in consistent demand. We've run into some prolonged backorder situations with Behringer, but eventually they produce. We order parts directly from Behringer.

Comment

Cool. I have considered buying a stock of power amp boards for my shop. Apparently they are available?

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
                              Cool. I have considered buying a stock of power amp boards for my shop. Apparently they are available?
                              Yes, the PMH2000 power amp PCB is in stock at Behringer. I can send you a quote for the PCB and any other parts you may be interested in. To request a quote, please e-mail me directly at jeffh@fullcompass.com

Comment

Working...
                              X