No announcement yet.

Need Source for Behringer Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THANK YOU to everyone! first off for willing to help others! I, Like many others, have had the frustration of trying to source behringer parts as well! so I am very happy to see that there are sources for these parts.

I also want to publicly Thank Enzo. he has helped me on MANY occasions and his generosity has not gone unnoticed!

I am very curious about these Behringer amp boards. I have repaired a handful now. both class-AB types and Switching Types and I am really curious WHY they fail? it seems as if they work perfectly one day, then flip the power switch the next and poof there dead. no rhyme or reason. Is it bad designs? cheap parts? bad board layouts? why do these seem to be so prone to failure?

And being the type to not leave anything alone. How could these be improved on? could they be improved on. say rebuilt with better parts if that was the problem? or if its bad designs. maybe someone could come up with a drop in, bolt up retrofit kit. I mean i know that's polishing the proverbial dookie but. why spend the money to replace an amp board that has failed with another board that is likely to fail when something better probably could be purchased for about the same price?

I think too much i know.....

Zc

Comment

Behringer failure

Why do these amps fail.
      There is a lot of power in these amps.
      Short the output section and you let the magic smoke out.
      Personally I feel the failures are from inadequate soldering.
      Next would be borderline design.

Comment

I don't know why they fail, most of them don;t though. You sell a million amps, and a mere 1/10 of 1% failure rates still makes 1000 dead amps.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Exactly. And one man's borderline design is another man's maximally-cost-effective design. It doesn't pay Behringer to overbuild things.

If you want overbuilt and easy to service, get a couple of old Peavey power amps and a forklift to lug them around.
          "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

Just to keep a contrarian viewpoint on the table, I think that having power amps that die is a useful thing, as long as it's not your power amp.

The reason is that usually the expensive parts, the power transformer, rectifiers, filter caps, heat sinks, and the rest of the packaging is undamaged. The actual power amp circuits are an almost trivial part of the costs and effort in a power amp.

So if you can get a good corpse with an easily workable set of mechanics,
            throw away the amplifier circuits and replace them with either an amp of your design, or a copy of a good one you like.

I have frequently been given the partially dissected corpses of power amps. Many of these can be revived with a few LM3886 power chips and work better than they ever did. For fun, a discrete design with some new sustained-beta power output chips can be a good weekend project.

'Course, this is a hobbyist/tinkerer viewpoint. It's quite different if you are trying to fix it in a repair shop.
            Amazing!! Who would ever have guessed that someone who villified the evil rich people would begin happily accepting their millions in speaking fees!

Oh, wait! That sounds familiar, somehow.

Comment

And at over a dollar a minute, convincing the customer it's a deal.

Main problem is creating a 400-600 watt per channel power amp that fits the footprint and space available. The 3886s fall a little short of those levels.
              Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Yeah, this would be a real problem in the case of the Behringer powered mixers. They were designed around Class-D switching amps, so the cooling system won't support a Class-AB one, even if there was room for it.

Some guy on the forum said that he squeezed a pair of modules from Class-D Ltd. into one. Class-d Limited But that worries me, since as far as I know, those modules aren't really Class-D at all, they're just ordinary Class-AB amps.

The Coldamp BP4078 might be worth a try, but I've had those blow up on me, and I'm not sure if they can take 90V rails. There's also the Hypex UCD700 and so on.

class d amp modules - Google Search
                "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

Razc Strap,

I am fully aware of Full Compass' Behringer parts sales, and according to Jim Savery, you guys are doing an excellent job. We met with them at NAMM, and we will be overhauling our Behringer parts sales system this year, most likely with an online shopping cart, but we have a lot of legacy parts with old part numbers so it is a huge undertaking. I am glad Nick has been helpful to you, and we do try hard to satisfy everyone, but Behringer's master parts list, as you know, is staggering. We will probably wind up carrying only the most-demanded parts and special-order others. Most lay people are not aware of Behringer's product line scope, but they are a great company, no doubt about it. And they currently make excellent products with excellent quality.
                  John R. Frondelli
                  dBm Pro Audio Services, New York, NY

"Mediocre is the new 'Good' "

Comment

Originally posted by razc strap View Post
                    John, I feel your pain. We started selling Behringer parts, in earnest, about 2 years ago. There are 2 of us here, at Full Compass, that do all of the customer service, parts ordering, receiving, inventory control and everything else that relates to service parts support.

While Behringer is only 1 of the 400+ manufacturers we work with, Behringer parts sales, by far, exceed all other manufacturers. Luckily, we've been able to work with Behringer to develop more efficient ways to conduct our business. Otherwise, there would be no way we could keep up with the continuing growth in our parts sales.

We have over 100 Behringer parts available on our web site.....
                    Replacement/Service Parts Accessories & Parts & Hardware from Full Compass
                    .....and adding more. We have gathered enough research material to handle most Behringer parts inquiries, but there are still times when we have to refer customers directly to Behringer.

I've been managing Full Compass' parts support for 11 years and have contacted Nick (extremely helpful) on many occasions regarding Behringer parts in the past. I now know first hand what it's like to be fully immersed in the Behringer parts business. Challenging, but ultimately rewarding.

Suffice it to say, we are here to help all those souls who are seeking to keep their Behringer mixers, amps, speakers and you name its' up and running.
                    Nice site...I searched, but didn't find what I was looking for. I have a Behringer B2092A powered subwoofer that has extremely low output. It appears to have been dropped at some point. There is a massive coil inside. It was loose on it's mount. I suspect it was damaged. Would you have parts for this?

Comment

Instead of posting here and hoping they spot it, may I suggest contact the parts seller and explain your needs.

Offhand it soulds like an inductor from a crossover, or wait, perhaps the toroidal power transformer is loose.

Comment

Umm...hey, you might be onto something...maybe I should just tighten up the Toroidal Transformer thingy and everything will be just fine

Yeah, I'll get there sooner or later. I'm already working on my sisters PC, my Singer's Marshall VS100V 8100 and reassembly of my studio. In my searches I found this site and started thinking of all the other broken things I have that I want to fix 'someday'. Did I mention my Roland KC-300, Yamaha DD50 and Original Big Muff pedal? Oops...I almost forgot...the cracked neck of my 5-string acoustic Dean bass....

Comment

Can we sticky this thread?

Comment

Hello All, I'm a newcomer here but I've been scouring this -- now somewhat ancient -- string in search of clues in answering my dilemma. It's the painful Behringer parts sourcing. I have a beautiful SX4882 console as the heart of my studio and now the power supply has died. I've been back and forth with Music Tribe numerous times. So far, I was actually lucky that they supplied part #04-81300-04522. However, I've had no luck with Behringer's "super partners." Sourcing on my own has been sketchy. Audio Lab of Georgia lists the part but says it would be on back order for, at leat, 3 months. I see lots of positive input from John Frondelli regarding his extensive knowledge and handling of Behringer. But the email listed for him bounced on me. If anyone has some insight and help I would GREATLY appreciate it!

Comment

In answer to the thread title "Need Source for Behringer Parts". Even Behringer needs a source for Behringer parts. I've been waiting on a card for an X32 since April. It's so ridiculous that service centers are quitting warranty repair for them due to lack of parts availability.
                              "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Originally posted by chromo9 View Post
                                Hello All, I'm a newcomer here but I've been scouring this -- now somewhat ancient -- string in search of clues in answering my dilemma. It's the painful Behringer parts sourcing. I have a beautiful SX4882 console as the heart of my studio and now the power supply has died. I've been back and forth with Music Tribe numerous times. So far, I was actually lucky that they supplied part #04-81300-04522. However, I've had no luck with Behringer's "super partners." Sourcing on my own has been sketchy. Audio Lab of Georgia lists the part but says it would be on back order for, at leat, 3 months. I see lots of positive input from John Frondelli regarding his extensive knowledge and handling of Behringer. But the email listed for him bounced on me. If anyone has some insight and help I would GREATLY appreciate it!
                                The part number you listed does seem to be the power supply for your mixer. Are you still having trouble with your power supply? Or is this parts sourcing inquiry just for future reference?
                                "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
                                You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Working...
                                X