Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• separate tone for left and right speakers

hello !
    would a mixer be the best bet for getting different left and right eq after my preamp ? after the preamp comes a 50:50 mesa.
    cheers !
    dom

Peavey used to make a stereo EQ. I'm sure there are others. Even a pair of single channel EQ's would work. A mixer would "work" but seems limited in it's freq. band control and probably overkill for the job (since most mixers have more than two channels).

It sounds like your intending to run a full stereo rig. There's no reason a stereo EQ or a pair of mono EQ's couldn't be used, other than expense. If you have a "spare" mixer then go ahead and use it. The mixer may also allow for seperate effects buss to each channel which will further expand the stereo effect.

Chuck
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

thanks, chuck !

Yes, chuck ! i just need to add some bass to one side and it should sound just fine. that's one of the reasons why i prefer using 2 combo amps with a dsp/ preamp, instead of a power amp and 2 speakers. but yes, true sound separation ( 2 different air pressures ) is what i'm after.
      cheers!
      dom
      Last edited by tboy; 10-15-2009, 06:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X