Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transformer for carlsbro orion 12/200a

Hi,

does anyone know where you can get a replacement transformer for carlsbro speaker amp.

It is a dual output 35v-0-35v 14.5v-0-14.5v 240v (2x 115) in. Not sure of va but the size is 9.5cm wide and 4.5 cm high

any ideas please,

cheers

John

That's going to be tricky to get, with the dual outputs. Maplin used to sell a similar transformer for their Mosfet Amp kit, but it was toroidal.

Maybe you can get two separate transformers, a 35-0-35 and a 15-0-15, and cram them into the space. The 15-0-15 can be small, it probably only has to supply a few watts.

Or if it's not toroidal, and you're in the UK, maybe someone like John Chambers might rewind it for you: Champ Electronics - Vintage Amp Repairs
    "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

thanks for that,

it is a toroidal transformer but I'm hoping to find some replacement with dula output as it is fitted on a plate that fits into the speaker and i dont want to be fixing a separate transfomrer into the speaker moulding.

I guess I'm gonna have to look around to see if I can find one.

cheers

john

Comment

Working...
      X