Peavey xr600f Amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey xr600f Amp

My rca jack is bad and I would like to know how hard it will be to replace. Any help?.
    Jim New

hi jim new... welcome i guess since i am the 1st to answer...anyway to do this rca, you will need to remove the front panel and (i donot totally remember but...) see if the front pcb is broken into 2 components...(i donot think so tho)...if it is not you will have to remove all knobs,pot nut and washers from front panel...also all xlr screws and 1/4 input nuts,washers...alot of stuff but not to complicated...also make sure you mark all connectors from front pcb to rear pcb so you do not put it together incorrect.
    after you remove the pcb, unsolder broken jack and replace...then put together. a job like this is more labor to remove pcb than anything...a person good with his hands should do complete job in 1 hr or so..if not maybe 2 if you are really careful
    good luck..........

peace....................mike

Comment

The jacks along the bottom are on a separate piece of circuit board from all the controls above, so you'll have to demount the jacks, but I think you can escape a million knob pulls.. The 4x RCA jack is one piece.

Things like those RCA jack assemblies are not generic, so one taken from a cassette deck or something may not fit. Easiest to just order the exact part from Peavey.

CALL the parts department at the factory, and you will want:

part number 71466272 quad RCA jack.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
      X