Buzzing noise with keyboard amp when played

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buzzing noise with keyboard amp when played

When I play my keyboard with a keyboard amp, I can hear the notes I am playing accompanied by a 'buzzing' sound every time I play a note. In other words, the notes sound 'fuzzy' when I play them.
    I am fairly new to using amps, so just wondering if there are some common solutions I could try to fix this or if it could be a whole multitude of problems? Thanks in advance!

I think you'll need to define "keyboard amp". It might also help to know what keyboard your using. Some older keyboards put out a "line level" signal. Which would be A LOT more than what an average instrument amp is designed to amplify. Have you tried the instrument with other amps with the same results? It would be good to know it the problem with that keyboard is exclusive to one amplifier and what that keyboard and amplifier are. It's always a good idea to include schems if you can find them.
    Last edited by Chuck H; 03-28-2012, 07:00 AM.
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

I am using a Roland Juno-Di keyboard. Had no problems with amps with the same keyboard in the past, so I am assuming it is a problem with the amp. I didn't really get a chance to check out the amp at the time, but I'll let you know when I find out.

Comment

If this only happens with the one amp, then the amp has the problem. Seriously, what your description sounds like to me is the voice coil rubbing on your speaker. If you can connect your amp to a different speaker for test, that would tell us.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

All I know about the amp is that it is a Jansen KB 60 (60W). It seems that there is only a problem specifically when my keyboard and the amp are used together. They own fine on their own when connected to other keyboards/amps.

Comment

Working...
          X