Replacement relay for Samson Servo 260

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement relay for Samson Servo 260

I have a Samson Servo 260 that would have channels cut out somewhat randomly. It seems like this is pretty common occurrence with these and cleaning the relays contacts worked for a while, but it's starting to happen again. I'm no relay, (or electronics for that matter) expert and was hoping for some help finding a replacement.

The pic attached shows the cover of the original relay with the marking HR-CR323DC24. Googling that didn't yield me any real info on, but it did give me a possible replacement but what look like the original manufacturer: www.relay.co.kr/pdf/cr3n23.pdf That may have superseded the one I have in my Servo.

I can't order that specific relay from the my usual sources (mouser, digikey, etc), but found this one on mouser that I think would work: 401-2AH-S-24VDC Song Chuan | Mouser

Does that look like a good replacement?

TIA
    Attached Files

I do not think that the footprint or size of the case is the same.
    Does the old relay case measure 12.2mm X 24.2mm?
    You need to look at the leads underneath. Compare the two, side by side.
    The specs are similar, but it may not fit on the board.

Comment

I do not think the CR323 is made anymore.
      It is replaced by the HR-CR3N23
      Attached Files

Comment

Based on the CR3N23 which is it's replacement, the case measurements are very close and pin locations are the same: www.mouser.com/ds/0/Song-Chuan/401-12955.pdf. I'll have to pull the main PCB out to check the pins, which is a PITA.

Comment

I haven't been able to locate one except for buying from Hong Kong or an appliance supply house that wants ~$35, which seems crazy. Hence looking at Mouser.

Comment

The spacing is 'standard'.
            15mm x 7.5mm
            If you continue to have difficulty, maybe you should try a higher rating, like 8 amp.
            G2RG-2A4-DC24 Omron Electronics | Mouser

Comment

Um, did you try calling Samson and asking if they stock them?

Were your channels cutting out randomly one or the other? Or did they cut out randomly both at once? In my expperience I have never had to replace a Samson Servo relay. Not saying they don't fail I just never saw it. However, I have had to fix MANY where the relay dropped out because the little caps in the relay drive IC circuit have dried up from heat. ANy time I see that TA7317 or whatever it is IC, I immediately warm up the solder iron, because I just know it is going to need a few small e-caps.
              Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
                Um, did you try calling Samson and asking if they stock them?

Were your channels cutting out randomly one or the other? Or did they cut out randomly both at once? In my expperience I have never had to replace a Samson Servo relay. Not saying they don't fail I just never saw it. However, I have had to fix MANY where the relay dropped out because the little caps in the relay drive IC circuit have dried up from heat. ANy time I see that TA7317 or whatever it is IC, I immediately warm up the solder iron, because I just know it is going to need a few small e-caps.
                I didn't try calling Samson because I had read that others tried with no success. I guess it wouldn't hurt to try.

I don't remember it ever being both channels out at the same time. Always one or the other. Turning the volume on the cut out channel up a couple of notches would usually bring it right back, sometimes for hours. Cleaning the relay seemed to work for a while (a few weeks or so) but it just started again. Only once in a while now, but it seems to be increasing in frequency.

Comment

If the relay control is the issue, then both channels drop out together always. If you can turn the volume and wake it up, clean the volume controls.
                  Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

samson servo 260 problem

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
                    If the relay control is the issue, then both channels drop out together always. If you can turn the volume and wake it up, clean the volume controls.
                    Have exactly the same problem... channels dropping out occasionally and fixed by boosting the volume for a second. It's getting worse and I have now resolved to fix it or replace the Samson.

I've tried cleaning everything and checking for loose contacts etc but no joy. I read it's not the relays because the channels would drop out together. I'm not technically savvy but willing to have a pop. So has anyone got an idea of whats going on here? anyone had (and fixed) this problem?

thx

Comment

Unfortunately, repairing an intermittant takes some detective work.
                      You will need to monitor key points in the signal chain.
                      'Divide to Conquer'.
                      Start at the relay.
                      Monitor before the contacts.
                      Drops out?
                      Move to the middle of the circuit.
                      As you can see, the idea is to keep chopping the circuit problem in half until you narrow down exactly where it is acting up.
                      Then you can effectively repair it.

Comment

Hi mrpuha, welcome to the forum. May I suggest you start a new thread for your amp. It gets real confusing when two amps of the same type are looking to be repaired, we have a hard time keeping them striaght in our heads in the same thread.

If the relay keeps dropping out, I look to the TA7317 circuit, soecifically the small electrloytic caps around it - small value ones like 1uf. They dry out and leave the circuit easily triggered. Just one possibility.

Comment

I had exactly the same issue (intermittant L-R failure) and i can tell you the relay was the problem. It was not the relay/magnet failing, but the actual contacts of the (dual) switch inside the relay being dirty. I replaced mine with a same spec relay from another vendor and it seems to work. (TRA3 L-24VDC-S-2H, for example: https://www.conrad.nl/nl/tianbo-elec...s-1366505.html)
                          Originally posted by mrpuha View Post
                          Have exactly the same problem... channels dropping out occasionally and fixed by boosting the volume for a second. It's getting worse and I have now resolved to fix it or replace the Samson.

I've tried cleaning everything and checking for loose contacts etc but no joy. I read it's not the relays because the channels would drop out together. I'm not technically savvy but willing to have a pop. So has anyone got an idea of whats going on here? anyone had (and fixed) this problem?

thx

Comment

I thought I had followed up with this before, but I guess not. In my case a relay replacement solved the problem.

Comment

This is a common fault with Servo amps .... I replaced one in 2007.

Original was; HANKUK HR-CR323 DC 024 TV-3

Replacement was: FINDER type 40.52s

I know it's an old thread but just another option for future reference ...

Comment

Working...
                              X