Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dB Technologies Opera 405D

Hi

I am working on the above dB powered speaker and unable to get a schematic. I badly need help in identifying a 16 pin SMD which is marked " AEB DPI 016P ". I guest it is a gate driver because, pin 10 is connected to the gate of one IRFR 4019 and pin 14 to the other IRFR 4019, the IRFR 4019 is driving the woofer. When I checked both the 4019, both the Drain and Source have shorted and there is a voltage of about 28volts across the speaker terminals. Can it be that this IC has shorted and has also caused both the mosfets to short. Can anyone with the knowledge of this class D amps help me out.

Thanks

Carlosraj

I do not recognize that AEB number.

It may be a relabeled 'IRS20955s'.

As to the failure mode, that is anybodies guess.

Here is an interesting amp schematic from IRF.
    It may be usefull in tracing out the 'black' PCB. (why do they do that?)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IRF Amplifier.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	139.7 KB
ID:	832846
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello there,

I have noticed you are talking about the opera 405d.

I own a dB Opera 405d active loudspeaker and it broke.
      The "symptoms" are that the speaker power on just fine. The speakers are working, they're not blown but there is NO sound
      It just stopped playingwhile on a break I was playing some mp3s for the guests. NOT loud or anything
      The service guy told me that it's the circuit board amplifier and it's not fixable
      He said it needs replacing the whole amplifier board and that's gonna cost somewhere from 300 to 500€
      Isn't that a little too expensive when the WHOLE speaker costs around 400 itself?
      I'm just asking in case there is another way, or if the cost is cheaper and the lie to me
      Is there any way I could find somewhere the spare parts, so my speaker is no more useless?
      I am a professional vocalist/guitar player for many years, and the speaker is my tool. I know you understand

Thank you vey much for your time

Comment

we also have problem at dbtech 410
        aeb290p

Comment

The voltage supply can be +/- 75v.. for IRS20955..?? . THANKS.

Comment

Originally posted by Rayback View Post
            Напряжение может составлять +/- 75 В.. для IRS20955..?? . СПАСИБО.
            and more.
            see attachment of post 2

Comment

Working...
            X