peavey XR684 cooling fan not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• peavey XR684 cooling fan not working

hi - i've managed to get my XR684 working again thanks to your expert advice
    It sounds great buti now have a question regarding the cooling fan hence the new post

The cooling fan is not running when i switch ON is that correct?
    I've been testing the amp in my garage and ambient temps are around 8c

I measure 5.5vdc at P01 - P02 with fan connected and
    12.5vdc with fan unplugged
    I have assumed that the thermistor resistance will increase with the heatsink
    temperature and subseqently switch the fan on, is that correct?

SchematicPeavey XR684 schematic.pdf attached
    Thank you

The link is dead. The dreaded "clear.gif" bug strikes again. Try zipping it?

Correction: Not clear.gif but unresponsive link instead.
    Last edited by nickb; 10-28-2015, 05:19 PM.
    Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

You know, in certain scenarios I have downloaded the dreaded clear GIF from this site, but then when I open the file in photoshop it is visible. Anybody else try this

Comment

Attached is the zip of the schematic.
        TR01 & TR02 (A6 area of schem) are the thermistors for the fan. Heating them up with a hair dryer or something should get the fan to turn on. Or getting the amp hot running into a load etc.
        Attached Files
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

thanks for that
          i had assumed that the fan would run on startup ?

Comment

Some circuits do, some don't. If in doubt, I use a heat gun on the sensor to find out if it is working.
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by nsubulysses View Post
              You know, in certain scenarios I have downloaded the dreaded clear GIF from this site, but then when I open the file in photoshop it is visible. Anybody else try this
              Now THAT is interesting!

Unfortunately, I do not have Photoshop.

Comment

actually maybe I am mistaken. On the ones it worked with it listed the real name of the schematic but when opened in a preview mode it was blank. then opening in photoshop it was visible.

I tried with this one and when it DLs it is literally called "clear.gif" and does not work

Could just be a different scenario altogether

Comment

Yeah, "clear.gif" does not download, and if you do, it's only 43 bytes.
                  Must have been something else.
                  Originally posted by Enzo
                  I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

I hate when Google shows a preview of the file & then you click on it and....

It's blank.

Comment

Working...
                    X