Hoffman Stereophonic Tube Amp Help - Power Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoffman Stereophonic Tube Amp Help - Power Issue

I am playing with a Hoffman Record Player Stereophonic to turn into a standalone audio stereo amp. The amp is out of the record player suitcase and I am trying to run it on my bench without the record player attached.

I was told the unit did not work when I got it. I have attached an image of the schematic. I am not detecting AC to my primary. I am a bit confused on the setup.

My focus is on the area around the PT. There is a plug (#2) and socket (#2) on schematic and pictures. 5 wires in this socket. This plug connected to the turntable.

Pins 1 & 5 are one black and one white feed the 6 volt pilot light.
    Pins 2 & 4 are one black and one red. This seems to be the on/off switch that would have been activated by the turntable. I am jumping these to turn the amp on/off.
    Pin 3 is a yellow wire. Looks like it went to the turntable motor. I am wondering if not being connected to anything is causing my troubles.

I am only reading about 1.5 VAC across the PT primary. Also my light bulb dimmer is very bright and the unit is drawing about .6 amps.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you!

Click image for larger version

Name:	SL-318.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	823.6 KB
ID:	871335 Click image for larger version

Name:	pt1.JPG
Size:	365.8 KB
ID:	871336 Click image for larger version

Name:	pt2.JPG
Size:	381.9 KB
ID:	871337

I have it working now. Looked at a Champ schematic and it helped my figure out how to redo the connections to the PT.

Comment

Working...
    X