Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carvin DCM600 Toroid Transformer

Hello!

I need to replace the toroid in a DCM600, but I don't know what is the secondary voltages. Can you guys help me on this?

Appreciate your help!!

Welcome.

Always the first question is this: how did you determine the part was bad?

First resource is CArvin, did you ask them if they have the part in stock?

If you have the schematic, please post it or link to it. Otherwise contact Carvin and ask them to send it to you. VOltages are often either printed on or implied in a schematic.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
      Welcome.

Always the first question is this: how did you determine the part was bad?

First resource is CArvin, did you ask them if they have the part in stock?

If you have the schematic, please post it or link to it. Otherwise contact Carvin and ask them to send it to you. VOltages are often either printed on or implied in a schematic.
      The toroid is physically damaged, thats why I need to replace anyway. And the product isn't supported anymore, according to that page: https://carvinaudio.com/pages/power-amplifiers-manuals

I can't read properly the schematic because the rectifiers are linked to labels named by the colors of the wires on the secondary. Here's the schematic: http://carvinimages.com/schematics/s01000H-B.pdf

Comment

Never hurts to call and ask them directly. Even if this product is "no longer supported", that doesn;t mean the particular part is no available. That same power transformer might have been used in later products as well as this one. And they might be able to provide specs.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Well, here is the 120Vac part#: 15-70160

Comment

Working...
          X