Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BGW 7500B Questions

Hi Folks:

I have a BGW 7500B. It's the cream color rack mount amp that somewhat resembles the CS800 wind tunnel amp in looks (but NOT circuitry).
    The issues is that the A channel has distortion. The schematic appears similar to the BGW 8000, but not sure of the true differences.

Does anyone have a schematic for the 7000B amp?
    Are there any modern replacements for the uPA74 dual transistor used in the front of circuit?

I think the uPA74 has an 80V rating, most of the current dual transistors have a 40V rating.

Any and all help is welcome ...

Thanks

I would CALL Peavey.

Comment

Ok - It was made by BGW in CA, not Peavey in MS.
      The similarity was in the wind tunnel design, although they made other fan and air cooled designs.
      Anyone have a lead on the BGW schematic or info or experience with the older (about 1983) upa74 dual transistor replacement?

Thx

Comment

Originally posted by TigerAmps View Post
        Anyone have a lead on the BGW schematic or info or experience with the older (about 1983) upa74 dual transistor replacement?
        Where's our nevetslab? He's a member here, used to work for BGW. Been on the missing list a couple months now. He'd be the guy to talk to................................
        This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

If you do indeed need that part, Audio Labs of Georgia has it,......maybe. The description is a bit vague and the picture is for the PNP version. You might just call them and ask about it.

Audio lab of Ga
          "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Working...
          X