No announcement yet.

behringer sps1000/02 board in pmp5000 and pmp3000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no idea. I thought this was covered earlier in this thread by Enzo with the greatest respect.
    Regards

Comment

The typical voltage to the power amps should be +/- 70 volts, not 100.

Originally posted by saranden View Post
      Hello Zero Cool. Do you have a schematic for a PMP1000, I have one for the PMH1000 but it is very different, the pmh is 400w and the pmp is 500w.
      The smps on this is repairedand is sending 100v to the power amp.....the power amp is coming in with good audio which lasts for about 10 seconds, then starts to fade out into a very quiet and distant distortion. If I turn the power off, and then turn it back on after 10 seconds, it will do the same again. I am going to change the 4 mosfets (IRF9640 x2 and IRF640 x2) one of the 640's has shorted, so as they are so cheap, I thought I would change all four. If you have the schematics I would appreciate receipt of them at saranden@yahoo.co.uk and any
      With 100 volts you will likely trip the electronic fuse function in the power amp... Great danger of arcing out the amp as well.

Comment

You can remove the power amp and just use it as a mixer, yes. There are three-wire connectors to the HCA2400 for the main V+ and V- from the power supply. Those you unplug. BY the way, that power supply tends to hold a charge in those 80v (or whatever they are) supplies a LONG time. Always check. But the power amp also has a small 6-pin connector for low volts and control. You must unplug that from the power amp as well. Otherwise, without the main V rails, the thing sees it as a fault and sends a shut-down signal to the power supply.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Fan on wrong 2 pin header

Originally posted by fredy2 View Post
          With 100 volts you will likely trip the electronic fuse function in the power amp... Great danger of arcing out the amp as well.
          You know, it's good to still get responses after some while, nevertheless.....
          I have repaired this mixer. It transpired, the problem was that the cooling fan was connected to the wrong header, and when it was changed to the correct one......hey presto. You would never have thought such a simple thing as that would throw a spanner in th e works......would you?
          Regards to all.

Comment

I have a PMP5000 that I accidently plugged the power outputs into the monitor sends on the board. Now the effects channels don't light up or work, and the monitor sends (pre-amp) also don't work. Everything else on the mixer works great including the power amps. Any idea what I fried?

Marty

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
            There is a 6-wire cable from the power supply to the mixer:

1. +15VDC
            2. -15VDC
            3. A Ground (ground for all analog circuits)
            4. +48VDC
            5. +5VDC
            6. C Ground (ground for digital circuits)

That should be sufficient to operate the mixer.

Is your HCA2400 blown up? You have to disconnect not only the heavy main power wires to the powr amp, but also the small 6 pin connector. The small 6 pin connector on the power amp will shut down the power supply if it does not detect proper operation of the powr amp otherwise.

Comment

No. You are going to have to go in and track down each bad stage.

By power outputs, do you mean the outputs from the power amps intended for speakers? And are they not Speakons?

If your DFX display is blank, you may have lost the low voltage supply for DFX.

If you sent power up a line output, then chances are the output IC for that line out is what took the damage. But you will have to find out.
              Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by MERT454 View Post
                I have a PMP5000 that I accidently plugged the power outputs into the monitor sends on the board. Now the effects channels don't light up or work, and the monitor sends (pre-amp) also don't work. Everything else on the mixer works great including the power amps. Any idea what I fried?

Marty
                The effect part runs strictly from the +5 volt power supply and not much else connects to that...
                I don't understand how you could connect the power amp outs to the monitor sends. Doing so you likely wiped out IC8 which is a 4580 and will be a tiny surface mounted dual op-amp (8 leads). This is why the monitor out is dead. There are a few other passive parts that are between the IC8 and the monitor output jack that may be fried... all are surface mount and need to be checked. There may have been etched circuitry blown off the board causing the effects to not light... although first thing to check is if the 5 volt supply is getting to the effects area.

Since this stuff is surface mounted, unless you have the skill and equipment to work on it you will need to send it to a repair shop that has the necessary tools to work on this type circuit board. I would SUSPECT that the 5 volt power supply itself is undamaged, but the circuit traces to the effects have somehow been damaged.

There is another hazard with these amps... If you use 1/4 inch adapters from the speakon outputs, ONE of the channels, I think it is "A" has the barrel or sleeve of the plug as the HOT lead, not ground. This is NOT documented in ANY of the user information. Many have blown there amp by letting the sleeve of the one channel get grounded. The reason they did this is to make it easy to implement BRIDGED mode output.

Comment

Careful. The DFX digital runs on 5v, but the analog circuits connect there too. SOme hideous voltage crammed into an output could find its way through a failing IC and run up the input to the card and burn out the ADC, which in turn can cause the DFX to crash. And could hit the supply. it is only a possibility, among others.

Comment

We need to know exactly the connections he made and the configuration of the stereo/mon/bridged switch when accident occured. If channel "A" were connected, that would just ground out the "A" power amp assuming standard Speakon to 1/4 inch adappter cable were used. The "B" channel is different story.

I have the schematics and can trace out the probable failures if we know the exact configuration of the accident.

Comment

Schematics

[QUOTE=zero cool;163160]I have the schematics. email me. but be advised. if you are asking about what a -15V supply is. your not ready to to this work.

I do not know you but, I used your handle because the registration form forced me. I hope you would be a referral for me if needed.

My reason for writing is I have been searching for schematics to Behringer models PMH880S & PMP2000. Any help would be appreciated. My PMH880S has a SPS1000/02 power supply in it and I believe it is bad. My unit will come on for a few seconds and then shut down completely.

Many thanks,

Comment

Hi, welcome. That SMPS in the PMH880 has all manner of protections, so if the power amps have a shortd output of something, the supply will sshut down. So the supply might be bad OR the supply might be OK and reacting to a load issue.

Elektrotanya has the PMH2000 drawings. They don't have the PMH880, but they d have the PMH3000 whwich uses the same sps1000 power supply.

If you look at your power supply there are two three-wire connectors carrying the main supplies to the power amps. Warning, if you power the supply up without that load, those supplies stay charged a long time. There is also a smaller connector to the power amps with the 15v supplies and some control lines. If you unplug only the main three-wire ones, the supply will sense it as a problem and shut down the supply, but if you also unplug that low voltage connector, then the sensing does not occur and you can operat the supply by itself.

So try disconnecting the power amps and see if th supply will run the mixer.

When you call up a schematic at Elektrotanya, below the sample image in the small text it will say "processing". Eith 40 seconds or so until that changes to "get manual" then click on those words to download.

Comment

OK, so.. I know this is a really, really old thread, but....
                          I have a PMP5000 that I got for free because the power supply is fried.
                          I am wanting to rig it up to use as a mixing board, and mostly have it sorted, except for a few things~
                          I have this power supply for the -15 and +15 volts: http://www.mouser.com/ds/2/260/r330_3-4354.pdf
                          and the 48v and 5v versions of this for those voltages: http://www.mouser.com/ds/2/260/RS-15-SPEC-806382.pdf
                          My question is this~ The 6 wire connection from/to the mixer has an A GND, and a C GND. Where do these get hooked up?
                          According to the schematic, C GND is one leg of the transformer winding that supplies the 5v, so i am assuming I connect that to the V- terminal of the 5v power supply; but the A GND is the center tap of the winding that supplies both the +15v/-15v and the 48v, so that is confusing me.
                          Thanks, and apologies for my inexperience and gravedigging.

Comment

Think of them as Analog ground and Control ground. The C ground is for stuff that is not signal involved, so the LEDs, any relays, any digital controls or FX. The A ground is for the signal supplies - the 15v rails mainly.

Look at the schematic for the opriginal power supply, see how the grounds are separate on it?

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
                              Think of them as Analog ground and Control ground. The C ground is for stuff that is not signal involved, so the LEDs, any relays, any digital controls or FX. The A ground is for the signal supplies - the 15v rails mainly.

Look at the schematic for the opriginal power supply, see how the grounds are separate on it?
                              OK, that makes sense, but I am still not sure where to hook those two wires up.
                              Do they both just go to chassis ground?

Comment

I am not reading any voltage between the V+ terminal on the power supply and chassis ground, so I guess that is a no.
                                So the question now is, can i run the A GND wire to both the V- terminal of the 48v supply, and the common terminal of the +15/-15 supply?

Comment

Working...
                                X