Trio /kenwood ka2000 bias set up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trio /kenwood ka2000 bias set up

Hello people. got a simple one here. Got a 1970s hifi amp in. Came in for sounding bad. All electrolytic caps bad. Replaced them all. Want to set it up circuit has 3 presets.. Can someone help me get it set up
    Circuit to follow
    Arbutt

This is the map. Its the kenwood version
    Attached Files

Comment

Hoping for a little help. This is all working. But I would like to set it up.. 1970s ith never being touched. All new electrolytic caps..
      Any ne willing to help
      Arbutt

Comment

There are 3 adjustments per side. You will need the service manual. If you have it, please attach.
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Here is the adjustment information. If you have not touched the 'protection' trimmers (VR3 & VR4), I would suggest you leave them alone.
          Attached Files
          Originally posted by Enzo
          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

I finally found the manual. I had to join another forum to get it. Part of the set says I need a variac. I don't have one. . Any help is appreciated
            Arbutt
            Attached Files

Comment

You do not require a Variac to set the idle current.
              Honestly, if the unit sounds good and the heatsink does not get overly warm at idle, I would not mess with it.
              Changing capacitors should not affect the output idle current.

Comment

Working...
              X