NAD C 370 no sound from speaker outputs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAD C 370 no sound from speaker outputs

Hi, i haven't been here for a number of years. In the past, i have had invaluable assistance even though i'm not a technician.
    Might there be anyone with the patience to talk me through a possible repair of this amp?

It was given to me a week ago and i was told that it was working, but although i get sound from the headphone output, there seems to be nothing from the speaker outputs.

I opened it and i found a burnt resistor. R220. after downloading the service manual, i was able to find the specs for the resistor at 499ohm 1/4 watt metal film.
    The resistor is positioned on the board between a pair of very tall line amps and i can't figure out how i would get to it. I also assume that something might else might have created this burnt resistor and that simply replacing it, might not solve the problem.
    But, i don't know how i might start to troubleshoot this in an efficient way.

I'm good with a soldering iron, but i have a limited knowledge of electronics.
    I can follow instructions.

Regards

Can you attach that service manual or post a link?
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

https://elektrotanya.com/nad_c-370_sm.pdf/download.html
      I cannot seem to locate 'R220'.
      Can the OP provide a clue as to what circuit it is used in?
      Just my 2 cents but this is not an easy amplifier to work on.
      Even for an experienced tech.

Comment

Pardon me for not responding faster. I only have limited access to the internet.
        Perhaps this is beyond my abilities. I can accept that.
        I don't know where to take it to anyone reputable in Cape Town, South Africa.
        I have not had dealings with anyone inspiring confidence.

This is where i found the service manual and reference to the resistor. Page 16 five lines from the bottom of the page.

https://elektrotanya.com/nad_c370_sm.pdf/

Comment

What I was after is where the resistor is in the circuit .
          power amp. preamp, power supply???

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
            pdf pg.12, over to the right of 'tape2' input jack. (between the 2 'linein' modules)

If headphone out is working, but speakers are not, I don't see this resistor related to that problem.

Originally posted by Enzo
            I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Working...
            X