Well blow me down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well blow me down

I know its not a tube amp but - one in a zillion chance that I found my old (and favourite) bass amp from the 1980s for sale on the local auction site, so I snaffled it up. A once-upon-a-time-locally-made MOSFET powered 300W thingy. Sadly the company that made Rockit amps was a victim of liberalisation of trade tarriffs in NZ in the 1980s, although they made some funky amps

I recognised it from one of the missing silver bits from one of the knobs on the front. Its a bit more dinged-up than when I last saw it in 1986. I wonder if it still sounds as good as i remember? Oh well - I'll find out in a few days when it arrives.

Nostalgia bites
    Attached Files
    Building a better world (one tube amp at a time)

"I have never had to invoke a formula to fight oscillation in a guitar amp."- Enzo

Inside a Rockit 300

Well it arrived last week but I didn't have time to do anything with it. I noticed the fuse holder was loose, so I prized it apart and tightened it up (noting that someone had a 5A fastblow in there when it was supposed to be a 2A (I suspect) slo-blo, so I replaced it with that.

Took some pics - curious to discover that the circuit boards were manufactured by Clef Industries (who used to make the amps), with the 'Rockit' moniker on them.