MOOER preamp live part

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOOER preamp live part

Gday , i am a hobbiest luthier in Auckland Nz. I had a mooer preamp live blow up on me. I managed to repair it by replacing blown capacitors. It worked fine for a while and then I sold it. The buyer said it arrived not working so I refunded him the purchase thinking it was going to be an easy fix after he described the symptoms. I found another popped cap and replaced it but the unit is still faulty. I believe I've traced the issue to the dc-dc voltage converter wra1209cs-1w. A Google search for this part led me to this forum where this part was used in a Mooer red truck.
    The issue with the unit is that I only get loud static on the output which gets worse when put in bypass mode.

Measurements at the dc-dc converter gives me 11.5v in and only 5v out instead of 9v out. This 5v then feeds into a 7805 voltage regulator which drops it to 3.6v which should be 5v. The same at test point 5.

I'm having a lot of trouble finding a replacement wra1209cs-1w. Does anyone have any links to this part? Ive found a wra1209cs-3w online but its $35usd shipping to NZ so more of a gamble than i want to take not being the exact part and I don't know if the 3w is input or output power.

11.5V in is not sufficient. You need minimum 12V with minimum 1A current power supply.
    For that kind of shipping cost you want to verify the part is bad before taking a chance. The 1W or 3W rating is output power. If the 3W will physically fit, it should work.
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Hi G1 thanks for the response.
      Do you know of any suppliers that would stock the part?
      I'll recheck the input voltage as I've connected a bench supply and managed to get 12v to the input with now less than 1v out.
      I've pulled the regulator now as was trying to test but haven't managed to get any reading out on it but that may be because pin3 ctrl isnt connected.

Comment

Update. I managed to solder in some leads to connect pin1 2 and 3 to the board. Reading 0v output so pretty sure the converter is toast.
        any suggestions of where I might find a replacement will be greatly appreciated.

Comment

As to the footprint of the 3W part, it is about 3mm taller, and the pins are located about 2mm more to the center of the part. So if you have an extra 3mm of height clearance, and 2mm blank circuit board area at the back of the part, you can fit either version, whichever is easier for you to get in NZ.
          If there is room for the 3W, this place may have them in AUS:
          https://www.xonelec.com/mpn/rlt/wra1209cs3w
          Also, for the 3W part, LCSC Electronics in China have them.
          Last edited by g1; 04-27-2024, 06:16 PM.
          Originally posted by Enzo
          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Thanks G1. I found LCSC last night and shipping is much more reasonable. I was going to check the foot print this morning. There is a lot of space around the converter except at one end so as long as pin spacing is correct I'm going to take the gamble that this part is the problem.

Comment

Working...
            X